PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Been To Eagle Lake/Baum Lake/Pit River/Hat Creek Area ?

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
05-17-2014, 04:02 PM
I won't be able to get up that until July 4 and haven't heard from my bro-in-law since opening day.
He did text me saying trout fishing in that area was fantastic with many 2-4 lb. fish caught.
Just wondering what's going on up there.
TTFM

Karyn
06-26-2014, 11:53 PM
Shasta was my first pick, and Eagle was my second... Looking forward to your report!

BlueBoat
06-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Shasta was my first pick, and Eagle was my second... Looking forward to your report!

Val Aubrey probably has the info your looking for at Eagle Lake. Her website is probably the best for correct information. Her site is http://www.eaglelakefishing.net

Frank Galusha might have the other info you're looking for, his website is http://www.myoutdoorbuddy.com

If you call for info on any of the areas you interested in, be aware that the current economic conditions being caused by the drought may influence the quality of the info you get. I've fished Eagle Lake for 46 years and I've heard some stuff this year that I know is being driven by the lack of business.

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
06-29-2014, 06:12 AM
BB
Fish and Game are also aware of the economics and they plant more fish, even broodstock , to get more campers to the area.
5 to 7 lb. Eagle Lake strain broodstock rainbows in Hat Creek???? They've done it many times before, but what a catch that would be in that size of creek !!!!!

TTFM

BlueBoat
06-29-2014, 05:40 PM
The true ELT is a real survivor and can live in almost any water. I haven't caught anything over 5lbs in Eagle Lake for a few years now. Last year's best was 3.5lbs and I was up there for a total of 8 weeks. I caught that in the fall and it was one of the bonus fish that was planted in May.

I'm fishing Lake Sonoma once or twice a week now. The Steelhead spring run is over so it's not easy to get a two fish limit. It can be done if you know where they hide this time of year.

The weekdays are the only time to fish it this time of year. The recreational boaters tear it up pretty good on the weekends. Even then I try to get my fish and get off the water by around 10:00am.

I'll put some reports up in the future.