PDA

View Full Version : no more LMB here?

Riverdale
05-13-2014, 07:24 PM
Guy I fish with( His boat) took about 12 yrs off from Bass fishing and I have been lmb fishing for about 12 yrs.We make a good team LOL, headed here Sun to hopefully catch some LOL
He said that this place should be good to go.Well Sunday was very windy right from the get go, but it did back off a bit later in the morn.We stayed in some coves at first to avoid the wind and threw all but a kitchen sink at them (bringing a Sink next time).maybe two boats on the lake at first besides ours.Missed a nice one on the t-rig Senko, like it hit let go and hit again, never got the hook set :EyePop:Errrrr Late in the day did get one keeper near the west ramp.Talked to some others that were skunked as well!Are the bass just post spawned out or is this now just a stripey lake???[ Oh Ya got him on a Spinner Bait ] Thanx!!!Riv

fishinone
05-13-2014, 09:34 PM
There are still lots of largemouth but they are the most educated bass around.

Keep at it you'll get them.

christopherstellar
05-13-2014, 09:46 PM
my advice, next time you go take two spinning rods. Light line, 4 lb florocarbon. Rig one with a drop shot rig, the other with a split shot rig. Fish slow, and use your favorite 4 inch worm.

Riverdale
05-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Ok good to hear,all the reports I read were all striper so I was kinda wondering never having been before.The most educated Bass around that's funny but prolly true. I came from a place where the bass know nothing and 14-20 lb line is the norm.I cant even Knot 4 lb test with OUT breaking it LOL or see it for that matter, and them either apparently. Thanx for the tips and encouragement,we will try again soon!!!!

basshole1
05-19-2014, 05:13 AM
my advice, next time you go take two spinning rods. Light line, 4 lb florocarbon. Rig one with a drop shot rig, the other with a split shot rig. Fish slow, and use your favorite 4 inch worm.

This is great advice. Drop shotting with a roboworm seems to land fish. Also, try rigging wacky on the split shot rig. A small weight 12"-18" above the hook should do the trick. Good luck my friend.