PDA

View Full Version : Redondo Beach Mac attack!!!

jaggerbub
05-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Wife wanted to spend the day at Redondo after mothers day breakfast. Parking was tough but I got lucky and had a lady pull out of a spot as I went down the first isle. Had she not pull out, I would have had to circle the structure a few rounds.

Onto the fishing... The macs were coming over the rails in flurries. It didn't matter where you were. Big schools swimming through every ten minutes or so. Lots of floating kelp. Wind was blowing too. Big chops the entire time. Caught a bucket full quick on the sabiki with 5-6 fish coming over per cast. Another great day to load up on whisker bait. They seemed to like movement today with the sabikis. Bait n waiters missed all the action.

Go get em' if you need them... The ones biting today were a little bigger than what I've been catching lately. Good times!!! The wife was awesome to allow me to bring a rod on her day!!!

skunked4life
05-12-2014, 06:44 AM
Yes!!!! The wife WAS AWESOME for letting you fish on Mother's Day! Congrats on the big haul! You should be plenty ready for the big cats now!

Ken

Hometown
05-16-2014, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the Mac report I hope they are still biteing need to go get some bait

bobabocker
05-16-2014, 11:45 PM
Huge macs are coming in! Pulled 1 lbers plus out of ciscos to pop lingcod with it was fun feeling them smashing the macs but didn't have the gear to muscle the massive ones out of their holes. Did see a lil 110lb girl pull a 16 lber off Harrison's which was really cool!