PDA

View Full Version : Mother's day Skinner

P.A.W.
05-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Got there at opening and went right to the inlet..... dead calm, no running water. Casted for a while for nada. Dropped the trolling rig and headed back up the north shore for nada. Collected the gear and headed for LMB. Pretty slow until around 9:00 when the sun popped out and the wind came up..... game on! Hadn't done much LMB fishing in a while so I stayed with the comfort zone (drop-shot and Senko). Found most fish in the transition area between the weeds and 20' deep. Lots of patrolling males. 1 1/2 to 3 pounds mostly.

A friend was targeting Mr. Stripey with bait and did well. Just not my thing. Tight lines guys.

Kojak5150
05-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the update. We are going out next weekend.

ddoskocil
05-12-2014, 01:40 PM
I knew I could count on a PAW update! Thanks. It's definitely largie time. 3 more weeks till I'm off for summer! Possible bass boats getting looked at this afternoon, Too!

P.A.W.
05-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Cool Darren! Then you can be more stealthy than the Yellowtail chaser! The water is real clear now but the submerged grasses are starting to grow up towards the surface. This can cause problems for shallow crank guys, but gives the LMB a nice place to ambush from.

ddoskocil
05-14-2014, 09:29 AM
Sounds like flukes and small weedless swimbaits!
Test riding an awesome boat on Sunday at DVL (tournament style equipped). Wish us luck! (That we can convince my Mom to let my Dad spend some money!)

P.A.W.
05-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Allright! I'll most likely see you out there on Sunday.