PDA

View Full Version : What is happening with the fishing? And how is the algae?

Garey Black
05-11-2014, 11:45 AM
No recent post about what is going on at DVL. I am thinking it is the algae. Thinking about going there tomorrow..Monday.
Any help would be appreciated.

SurfCityUSA
05-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Was at DVL Sunday. Wanted to fish Perris just for the change but heard high winds were on the forecast there. Wind at DVL was normal. A little breezy in the morning but then died off and then came back about 3pm. Algae on the north shore was not bad. Just very fine specs. However in the coves, there were bubbles coming up followed with large chucks of black dead algae I think. Pretty weird looking. I guess the algae died, sank, clumped together and then I suspect produced methane bubbles. South shore (Rawson cove) still had larger algae clumps but not nearly as bad as a few weeks ago. Below the algae were a lot of shad. Only saw significant shad in Rawsons cove. Caught about 20 fish for the day all day long on various plastics, drop shot and a few on cranks. Decent size fish up to 3lbs. Probably could have caught more but we wanted to try different rigs and places. Most fish were caught in north shore outhouse cove and Rawsons. I swear there were only 10 boats in the parking lot for a Sunday.