PDA

View Full Version : 5/10/14 Silverwood Bass Tournament

BassinPLS
05-11-2014, 10:44 AM
I fished a small Silverwood Bass Tournament yesterday, Sat, May 10th. There were smaller males still on the beds mostly shorts; but the Mommies had moved out. Water temp was in the low 60's and surprisingly the wind didn't kick up until around 11:00 am. The bite pretty much died after the wind came up; but was pretty good before it got windy. There was a reaction bite first thing in the morning, mostly on jerk baits. Most of the fish were caught on 4" watermelon red fleck Senkos, 4 1/2" Hologram Curl Tail Shad; but the big bite was on 4 1/2" Straight Tail Peoples Worm.

Winning Weight was 7 lbs 3 oz. with his Big Fish 3 lbs 13 oz., (2 fish limit).

All his fish came on a D/S - 4 1/2" Straight Tail People Worm; but my partner was getting them on the same worm TX Rigged...I sucked yesterday all shorts!!

Tight Lines

Fishingkid97
05-11-2014, 08:38 PM
It was a nice day on the water.Sure glad the wind report was wrong turned out to be beautiful. The wind that did kick up didn't effect the bite we were on although we didn't catch any of the big girls. There is a lot of fish in the 14-17 in class anywhere from 2-30 ft of water. We were able to pick up fish on several different baits got at least 1 fish on every rig we threw and at least 1 from every stop we made just couldn't find the larger models.

BassinPLS
05-12-2014, 06:40 AM
It was a nice day on the water.Sure glad the wind report was wrong turned out to be beautiful. The wind that did kick up didn't effect the bite we were on although we didn't catch any of the big girls. There is a lot of fish in the 14-17 in class anywhere from 2-30 ft of water. We were able to pick up fish on several different baits got at least 1 fish on every rig we threw and at least 1 from every stop we made just couldn't find the larger models.

Fishingkid97,

I am glad you were on them; because, I couldn't even catch a cold! It was great on the water. The weather report was for 40 mph winds starting at 9:00 am on the high desert. It never blew that had, as you are aware, but did come up at around 11:00 am. The water was really clear; but I think the bigger "Mommies" had already done their thing!

seal
05-16-2014, 08:26 AM
They are into the Silversides now. A fry imitation is the way to go. It's always a good idea to downsize at Silverwood when they are keying in on them little fry.

7lbs. limit? Sounds like keepers were tough to come by!

BassinPLS
05-17-2014, 08:12 AM
They are into the Silversides now. A fry imitation is the way to go. It's always a good idea to downsize at Silverwood when they are keying in on them little fry.

7lbs. limit? Sounds like keepers were tough to come by!

As you mostly likely are aware, the limit on LMB at Silverwood is 2 fish & 15" long. All fish weighted in were 15"; but nothing big. Largest Fish weighted 3 lbs 13 oz...nothing to "write home about"!

seal
05-18-2014, 04:10 PM
As you mostly likely are aware, the limit on LMB at Silverwood is 2 fish & 15" long. All fish weighted in were 15"; but nothing big. Largest Fish weighted 3 lbs 13 oz...nothing to "write home about"!

The 15" fish of course make it tougher but I believe some tournaments get the 2 fish limit waved. Wasn't thinking 2 fish limit when I read the 7lbs.. That changes things a bit for sure!

BassinPLS
05-19-2014, 07:39 AM
Fish & Game will let you BUY DOWN the catch limit; but it costs a LOT of $$. Our club looked into it and decided it was worth the bucks. Besides everyone in the tournament are looking for the same bag....2 big ones!