PDA

View Full Version : newport bay 5-9-14

fishinboyz
05-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Had a day off work so it was a simple decision, LETS GO FISHING!!!!!. Picked up my cuz at 530 and we were off. Well it was pretty good day first cast and strike one. Second cast fish on nice sandy. Then it was davids turn little baby sandy ha ha ha. Fishing was pretty consistent mostly spots and sandies. Dave did manage a short halibut and I hooked a couple of mystery fish we never saw. Everything was caught on 3 in big hammers. Fun times on the water kids are mad at me now lol. Till next time good luck everyone.undefined

kornkidz
05-10-2014, 12:38 AM
Looks like some NICE fish. I have been thinking about hitting Newport Bay /or neighboring areas off of a float tube.. Definitely good to see there are some nice spotties there tho. Which area of the harbor bro?

bachiboy
05-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Well, I'm sure the kids will have more outings that will make them forget that you went out for some quality time with your cuz. Just tell em that you let those mystery fish go so they can catch them.:Wink: Looks like you guys made the most of your time out on the water.

Congrats on a great session!
Don

Wingnut
05-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Nice catch... good times! :Big Grin:

muskyman
05-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Hey dude I think we saw you guys out there. We were the other 3 guys in the rental skiff. Nice job on the bay bass man. That is what we were after and all as we got were dink calicos and dink sand bass. Crazy. All of our bay bass spots were holding calicos. We really wanted bay bass. It has been about 8 yrs since I have fished the bay, are calico's making a presence there now ? That was awesome weather that day.

skunked4life
05-12-2014, 06:46 AM
Very nice variety there! Multiple bass species and some butt action calls for a great day!

Skunked4life

perch
05-12-2014, 09:15 AM
looks like a great time on the water and Fish On thats always makes things alot better spending time with family and friends.