PDA

View Full Version : How's the Bite out there?

larry626
05-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Haven't seen many posts for this lake the last few weeks. How's the bite? Is everyone too busy catching stripers and have no time to post? Well if you have time, please share :) Only get a couple of days off so I want to make it count.

Thanks!

fishinone
05-09-2014, 02:22 PM
The bait bite is slow but steady. They haven't been concentrating on any particular bait but as usual the freshest sardines that you can get are the preferred bait. They are also hitting nightcrawlers, lug worms, blood worms and mackerel strips. When I fished 2 Saturdays ago we caught fish equally on all of that stuff. It seemed like they would hit whatever was new at the moment.

I wrote a tips and tricks post that might help you with the bait bite. (click here) (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?79601-Bait-N-Wait-when-the-Striper-are-Picky-with-Equipment-Recomendations)

The troll is a little slow and the fish that are showing have been small. At least the ones I'm aware of. They should be turning on. I wouldn't overlook trolling, they go off in Castaic at this time of year.

Stumpknocker
05-10-2014, 04:43 AM
I was there Wed. 5/7...trolled u-rigs for nothing, eventually anchored in 60 feet in a cove and caught 7 schoolie stripers and at least 15 white cats on sardine chunks in a couple of hours...gotta look around until you meter stripers and shad in the same general area...

tommibear
05-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Was there this morning 5/10/14 at the Dam between 6 am and 11 am. Caught (1) 3 lber, (3) 1 lbers, and (1) 1/2 lber [released].

Bite was okay in the morning and then died when the wind kicked up. Used Sardines and worms. Waves and winds were crazy and wasn't worth it after 11 am.

larry626
05-11-2014, 01:17 AM
Thanks for sharing, please keep the updates coming!