PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake 5-6-14

mjc89
05-08-2014, 11:52 PM
I haven't posted a report in a while because I've been busy but I have been out the last couple of month and have been doing well on the catfish. Anyways my dad and I decided to go out to corona on Tuesday even though the wind was pretty bad. We got there around 4pm and we went in at 5pm. So we set up and casted out our poles even though it was kind of hard with the wind. For the next couple of hours we just waited and had no action at all. Then finally as the sun started to go down I got a bite on my pole and I set the hook. It turned out to be a pretty nice size cat, maybe around 3 lbs. The bite was on and off with 2 or three poles going off at the same time. My guess is they were moving in schools. We would hook into one fish then have another pole go off but we would end up losing them due to dealing with netting and unhooking the fish. Anyways we ended our night with 10 cats. The biggest ones being around 5 lbs. and the smallest around 2 1/2 lbs. These were all good sized cats. We ended up giving away 2 to some guys that had only caught 1.

Mr T-rex
05-09-2014, 10:11 AM
Nice. Fishinglakes is doing a good job by stocking some fattys
Its going to be a good cat season

Frequent Flyer
05-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Nice, i'll definetely be out there this season. Cat on the right looks like Rick Ross and all lol

fisherman951
05-10-2014, 07:27 AM
way to go out there, been wanting to give some cat fishing a shot just the whole water situation kind of keeps me away. but hey maybe its an advantage huh?

mjc89
05-10-2014, 06:55 PM
Nice. Fishinglakes is doing a good job by stocking some fattys
Its going to be a good cat season
Yeah. All of them were fat and I was surprised to see that many quality fish in one night.

mjc89
05-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Nice, i'll definetely be out there this season. Cat on the right looks like Rick Ross and all lol

This season is going to be good. LOL xD

mjc89
05-10-2014, 07:00 PM
way to go out there, been wanting to give some cat fishing a shot just the whole water situation kind of keeps me away. but hey maybe its an advantage huh?

I don't see a difference with the water being low. The fish are still biting.