PDA

View Full Version : late post from sunday may 4

fishinboyz
05-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Hello fishing world sorry for the late report. Hit up newport bay with the fam on sunday. We rented a skiff from davies and were on the water by 7. Weather was perfect at first then quick changed to windy and a short period of some wicked fog. Fishing was kinda slow. Wifey got first fish a nice sand bass on a 3 in big hammer. Youngest boy (jimi) had a blast when he hooked and landed first bat ray. So fun. Bobby and jake did ok think bobby got a small white sea bass on a 3 in big hammer also. I didnt want to pull it out of the water and it shook the hook as I was trying to get a picture. All in all another fun day in newport bay. Got a day off work tomorrow so sneaking off with a cousin to hit the bay again. Hopefully I will have some good to write about tomorrow till then peace out :Big Grin::Big Grin:

bachiboy
05-08-2014, 11:59 PM
Man, that's so awesome. Your kids must have had a blast! Sounds like your grooming some diehards for the future.:Wink: Good luck tomorrow and kudos for taking your family on a very memorable trip!

Don

The_Dude
05-09-2014, 10:08 AM
Nice job out there. I was at Newport Harbor myself on Sunday walking the beach line fishing the docks.

Gonna head out tomorrow as well with another guy on here to give it a shot. Hopefully its better than a couple of days ago. The water temp dropped just by a degree and seemed to shut the bite down pretty bad.

Wingnut
05-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Good times! :Big Grin: I miss fishing that place...