PDA

View Full Version : sierra opener

hrnytoad102
05-08-2014, 09:22 AM
very sparse at best for fishing, I think the weather affected the fishing, with a decrease in water temps

fishfinder
05-08-2014, 10:11 AM
oh, heck no. not fishing with snow

KidTrout
05-08-2014, 04:58 PM
very sparse at best for fishing, I think the weather affected the fishing, with a decrease in water temps

I don't know where you were fishing at or what you were using but it was wide open at the lakes I fished. Could of caught a lot more if the wind didn't get so bad.

oakboy
05-09-2014, 02:29 PM
It looks like you went up high, lots of snow! Either way looks like fun!

<><
KP

fish'n fool
05-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Man, it was wide open at North Lake on opening day. I was standing in 6 inches of snow. My feet were numb as were my fingers. Must have been 15 degrees. It was 19 degrees in Aspendell. Anyway, we fished North Lake all day. I C&R'd probably 80 rainbows. A few were 16 inches or better. My buddies did just as well, if not better. It was great on pink Power Worms and grasshopper tube jigs. On Sunday we fished Intake. It was blowing all day. I C&R'd another 50-60 rainbows up to 16 inches on pink Power Worms, pink/white Mousetails, orange/white Mousetails, grasshopper Fat Worms and grasshopper tube jigs. A very good weekend :>)