PDA

View Full Version : Berkley Fishing Line Problem

Harley51
05-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Berkley Fishing
Chat Conversation Start
April 28th, 6:48pm

I purchased two roles of Berkley Vanish 12 lbs test it was bad right off the spool. I sent Berkley an email with no response. I would like Berkley to make it right.
April 28th, 9:22pm

Dale we'd like to make this right as well. Can you please send pictures of the labels (so we can pull the date code and track the lot) and let us know what the issue is. Thanks.

April 29th, 5:27pm

I purchased two roles on I purchased the line on 3/30/2014. When I got to the lake when I opened the bail on the reel the line just sprung off like a coil. This happened on both reels. The line would also twist and tangle before it got to the end of the rod. I re-spooled a reel and noticed the line had a rough feel to it. I would like the line replaced if possible.

May 1 Thursday 5:19pm
Any response

May 5 15:30

I guess there's going to be no response.

Chat Conversation End

I did everything that they asked and that’s where the conversation ended.
I’m really disappointed with Berkley. I will never buy any Berkley products again
if this is how they treat their customers.

twin22s
05-07-2014, 04:42 PM
I have had a similar problem with their floro. it is a very stiff line but the rough texture sounds like it was old or left under direct bright light. I use spiderwire EZ floro now. I still use berkley for most of my mono without problems. The "live chat" sometimes seems like an automated system rather than a real person and they handle multiple customers at a time. it seems like a computer error. best thing to do is call and talk to someone. looking at the time between responses I would have called.

PS. I never put straight floro on spinning reels for this exact reason.

Harley51
05-07-2014, 04:48 PM
It was only a week old. Straight from Sports Chalet. The first time I contacted them was thru their customer service email. Then their Facebook chat then their Facebook page. With only that one response.

GhettoBasster
05-07-2014, 11:00 PM
I tried going cheap once and tried Vanish. I was not impressed. It had poor knot strength, was stiff and brittle, and didn't seem to be as uniform in diameter as brand like Seguars and P-line, or Berkley's Triline Fluoro. I got rid of it ASAP. I can't figure out why Berkley continues produce Vanish other than every so often a sucker like us will try it once. Like someone once said, the only thing that will vanish is the fish on the end of your line. I myself have stopped using fluoro because I don't like the stiffness and cost.