PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in the LBC

jonee523
05-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Hello all,

Been a member for a long time and I finally have a post worthy fishing trip. I hit up the Long Beach area yesterday for some shore fishing. I got to the beach about 10 am. I hit the beach using fish traps in the 3" size in a variety of colors. Crazy as it sound on my first cast bang a 12" sole, nice way to start. My very next cast, bang an 12 in halibut. I continued to fish in the surf for 3 hours for a total of 1 sole and 5 short halibuts. Unfortunatly no legals so all fish cpr'd and released. On a good note yesterday was the first time I was able to entice a hali to bite my LC110.... woo hoo. I have been lurking in this forum for a long time trying to learn the ins and out of fishing lite gear in the surf. I would like to thank the SWAT members and others for sharing tips and ideas to help make fishing more enjoyable.....

Tight lines,

Jon

bachiboy
05-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Wow, you have been lurking for a long time.:LOL: Its all good. You used what info you could get here and it paid off with some nice fish. Keep it up and we'll be getting that legal report real soon!:Wink:

Congrats!
Don

Wingnut
05-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Sounds like you had a very productive session. :Big Grin:
Keep it up, I'm sure we will see a legal Halibut report from you sometime soon... :Wink: