PDA

View Full Version : BBL Friday and Saturday (Late report)

Fresh H2O Bill
05-06-2014, 07:17 AM
Had a chance to get up to the house early Friday afternoon. Got over to the lake by 4:00 p.m. and put in at B's and worked the Pine Knot Marina area. A very slight breeze, the lake was beautiful!

The first hour was extremely sloooooow, not a sniff on the plastics. I decided to switch it up and go to reaction stuff, which I normally don't do, but I thought "What the heck." First cast ..... slammed. Nice smallie in the 14" range. Proceed to dissect the jetty and dock areas for the next 1.5 hours for a total of 8 fish, 5 smallies and 3 LMB.

Saturday morning I returned to B's at 6:00. Eric was already working the jetty and had a couple. As Eric stated in his post, just as I was kicking up to him he gets slammed by a nice smallie, I think he was showing off, LOL. Anyway, I proceeded to work the same water I worked Friday evening. Still using the crank bait, I was able to scratch out a few early on then the bite subsided for a bit. I started throwing tubes around the docks and began to pick a a fish or two here and there. I threw into an empty slip and got hammered by what felt like a nice one. It stripped some line and when it did a surface head shake I saw that it was a 4lb plus fish. The whole time I'm fighting this fish I was thinking I sure wish I would have re-spooled my reel last night. Got the fish next to the tube, reached for it, and "tink", and I watched it swim off with the tube dangling off of it left side of it's mouth. Bummed ..... Ended up with 11 for the morning, 8 smallies and 3 LMB. Ifished until 11:30.

All fish were caught on Bomber A shallow diver in the crawdad pattern and various tubes, brown to green.

Good to catch up with Eric again, always a good time fishing with him.

Blessings,

Bill

Matthew 4:19

etaggart
05-07-2014, 06:08 AM
Nice seeing you too, Bill!! I was gonna try faking a picture of a big momma with a tube stuck on her lip but didn't want to rub it in!

Sunday was tough for me, tried Pine Knot jetty and the Observatory for a big ol skunk. I saw JDS near the observatory pick up a small one, but curious to hear if they finally found anything bigger. I think we caught 'em hungry on Friday night/Saturday am after the crazy weather earlier in the week.

Not sure I'll be up this weekend, but the next is looking pretty good.

Cheers!!
Eric