PDA

View Full Version : Late Report: Where's Waldo, aka Bob, aka T/O? - Saturday at the Mid

MustHuntAndFish
05-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Hit Pyramid again on Saturday... Went to post a report last night but ended up lost in all the memes on the Duct Thread instead. :LOL:

Got to the lake and on the water a little late due to this...

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy30/g4deleon/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1539_zpsa9h90swh.jpg (http://s774.photobucket.com/user/g4deleon/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1539_zpsa9h90swh.jpg.html)

Saw T/O's truck in the lot and figured I'd see him on the water and say hello.

Bob... what kind of deal did you make with "The Powers that Be" at Pyramid? :Secret: The new red rental boats make it hard for anyone to pick you out of the crowd. It's a good strategy! Camoflauges you a little out there... Looking for Bob out at the Mid is now like playing Where's Waldo!

My plan for the day was to work on my trolling game some and then try to get the family on a wide open bait bite (like last week) after trolling.

I was a little handicapped working with only 1 U rig out there or it could have been a better day. Lost a rig last week and wasn't able to get another one by Saturday so we trolled an X rap on the other line but didn't get any action on that all day.

Went armed with a different color ( no chartruese ) that DK said has been the ticket lately and it produced for us. The trolling wasn't wide open by any means but we found some action pretty much every where we went. Even hooked up within 2 minutes of letting the rig out.

Trolled over to a point that I wanted to anchor on just to find some guys fishing it from shore. Hooked up on the troll right in front of them and thought... Ha! we are showing them what's up! Uh... Not really... 3 out of the 4 guys hooked up on bait while my daughter landed the dink we hooked... Haha! They were cool guys though. We talked to them at the hotdog stand by the on ramp when we left the lake.

What a difference a week makes! Last week we managed 1 troll fish and 35+ on bait. Saturday was the total opposite. We ended up with 10 on the troll and only 1 fish on bait all day. Not sure if the week old bait had anything to do with it but we just did not find any active areas for bait fishing. Mostly fished deep water... Maybe that was it?

All in all it was a good day. Could have been better if we stuck to trolling all day and had two rigs going but we were semi productive on the troll and that's where I wanted to improve. We landed 10, farmed a few and had multiple hits and misses.

I remembered a post by TB where he mentioned fishing the mudlines so at one point I followed a mudline that was coming off of the island and I found some bait hanging out next to it. We had 3 hook ups on 3 passes before it was gone. Made me regret only having one rig :mad:

All Micro Dinks again so we only took a couple pics.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy30/g4deleon/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1540_zpsayedxewv.jpg (http://s774.photobucket.com/user/g4deleon/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1540_zpsayedxewv.jpg.html)

What's with the kissing the fish in these pics? My daughter always does this and I remember Mike's Ocean posting pics of his daughter doing it! Any idea what that's all about M/O? Haha!

At least our girls want to be out fishing with us instead of all the other things they can be out doing... Huh?

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy30/g4deleon/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0708_zps30qm4goe.jpg (http://s774.photobucket.com/user/g4deleon/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0708_zps30qm4goe.jpg.html)

Missed you out there T/O... The camo worked! Haha! It's always nice talking to you and I always learn something. Maybe next time!

Glad to see that you and your clients slayed again.

fishinone
05-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Congrats on the catching MHAF!

I love trolling mud lines. The mud is often just up top. I troll my rigs way back under them and they are still in clear water or just in the edge of the mud. I've had one mud line change a day from skunked to limits.

HuskerRod
05-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Hey "Mustworkandpaybills",

One of my all time favorite most tried and true techniques at DVL and most sure fire was to........................do what T/O is doing.

MustHuntAndFish
05-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Congrats on the catching MHAF!

I love trolling mud lines. The mud is often just up top. I troll my rigs way back under them and they are still in clear water or just in the edge of the mud. I've had one mud line change a day from skunked to limits.

Thanks Ron... It's always more satisfying to catch when it happens while specifically using a certain strategy, technique, or target. Those 3 mudline fish were more fun than the ones caught while just trolling around the lake waiting for something to happen.

MustHuntAndFish
05-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Hey "Mustworkandpaybills",

One of my all time favorite most tried and true techniques at DVL and most sure fire was to........................do what T/O is doing.

LMAO at "Mustworkandpaybills"... That would be a more appropriate handle but MustHuntAndFish is more fun!

As far as your technique... That surely is some sound advice... Haha!

TroutOnly
05-05-2014, 08:25 PM
the bako-boy color has been working and its got a chart tail ,they say they don't throw it in the duct but they sure run it at the lakes,,we got our hot bait spot ruined by lake lice ,so we trolled a while then hit the good spot out of sight and out of the traffic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the shad pattern his been the best on the troll,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,

cutbait
05-05-2014, 08:56 PM
F chartruese..

Way to go on the slay mhf FAM..

I'm not a mud line fan, once I got a mud line in my shorts and liked to never got rid of it. Finally acetone was able to cut it down and it came out

DEVOREFLYER
05-05-2014, 09:27 PM
F chartruese..

Way to go on the slay mhf FAM..

I'm not a mud line fan, once I got a mud line in my shorts and liked to never got rid of it. Finally acetone was able to cut it down and it came out

Was that caused by TB's Ghost Peppers??? Just askin'.

Fishbones
05-05-2014, 10:07 PM
trolling is great, especially when there biting,, funny bout the shore guys..lol good report too..

the bako-boy color has been working and its got a chart tail ,they say they don't throw it in the duct but they sure run it at the lakes,

too funny, kind of ironic to say the least....

MustHuntAndFish
05-05-2014, 10:17 PM
That was waaaayyy to much info Cutbait. I must have mis read Trailblazers report about mudlines.. Haha!

Bob... I'm with you... Callin Bullsh?! on CB not liking chartreuse... We all know how those green carp guys love chartreuse!