PDA

View Full Version : Need a bit of vest advice

fishinButch
09-30-2007, 08:24 AM
I just got a pontoon, 8'x 4' with hard pontoons. Need to know from another woman what would be the most comfortable vest to get. Thanks for any advise. I am sure I will have many more questions.

bruce watson
09-30-2007, 11:11 AM
By vest, I assume you are talking about a PFD. Look into wearing suspenders. I have them for my kayak. If you are going to be sitting for a long time, they are the way to go. They self inflate when they hit the water so you only want to wear them in a dry situation. No float tube for suspenders. Then again with a pontoon, you could keep any good life jacket under your seat. Most people with float tubes tow their PFD behind them.

Skyler
09-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Most people with float tubes tow their PFD behind them.

Indeed. I just attach my PFD to one of the handles of my tube. Beats wearing the damn thing all day.

fishinButch
09-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the quick replies!!! Thought I had read the law changed and you have to be wearing it. Guess I was wrong. Good thing the one I have now will do because I can tuck it behind the seat. Thank you again for the help!!!!

Ronira
09-30-2007, 12:32 PM
High fishinButch, What kind of pontoon boat did you get? I didn't know there was a hard pontoon boat that small. Sounds cool.

fishinButch
09-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Found it on ebay. No real name on it except for the accessories that say Waterbug....

Here is a picture..... will add better still have to pick it up...

Ronira
09-30-2007, 01:25 PM
That's cool, your going to love the wheels getting in and out. That seems to be the #1 thing everyone wants to improve on. Congrats on the new ride. Hope to hear some good reports soon.

Z-TUNAKILLER
09-30-2007, 02:08 PM
HEY NOW.........NICE.......... NOW THATS OLD SCHOOL !

Z

FISH ON !

Fisher-of-Men
09-30-2007, 03:40 PM
HEY NOW.........NICE.......... NOW THATS OLD SCHOOL !

Z

FISH ON !

I was thinking along the lines of "Home-Made". But if it works, which it looks like it does, who cares.

I would definately mount a trolling motor on it rather than relying on kicking power only. :wink:

Fisher-of-Men

Ghost
10-01-2007, 08:00 PM
I think what Bruce Watson meant was the Sospenders, not suspenders.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&partNumber=52646&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

I have the same model that I linked. It is very comfortable & you don't even know you have it on....till you need it. The waist area is adjustable, so it can fit a wide variety of people. It is not restricting on the torso like some PFD's.

sansou
10-01-2007, 10:35 PM
FYI: if you buy the Type V models (self inflatables), you MUST wear it at all times to count towards your 1 PFD per person while on the water.

one_leg
10-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Must..........resist.........bite...........tongue ........

One_Leg