PDA

View Full Version : Another Clinic

jdduckman
05-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Fished AV West from Lancaster Rd Bridge to sportsman syphon. Slight current.
Thru flukes, carstaic baits and storms.
I've seen sicker dogs than this get well.
Can't figure what I'm doing wrong!

Fishbones
05-03-2014, 10:10 PM
Damn it... that's a hard streak your on...
I'm rooting for you to break it.
Good luck..

fishinone
05-03-2014, 10:41 PM
Fishbones caught them all.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

ZipperWurm
05-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Dont worry you're not alone...was a tough day at the duct for many...myself included...

DanS
05-04-2014, 11:11 AM
Dont worry you're not alone...was a tough day at the duct for many...myself included...

It's part of fishing. I went to the west side of av on Friday night, got skunked, got pestered by a truckload of mosquitoes, almost stepped on a 4 foot red and yellow snake and then a wind gust almost blew me in the duct. It is just too far to actively fish down there for me, unless I start concentrating on Quail lake just looking for a big one.

koifish
05-04-2014, 12:27 PM
It's part of fishing. I went to the west side of av on Friday night, got skunked, got pestered by a truckload of mosquitoes, almost stepped on a 4 foot red and yellow snake and then a wind gust almost blew me in the duct. It is just too far to actively fish down there for me, unless I start concentrating on Quail lake just looking for a big one.

So which one of you had the white dodge pick up truck that i saw on friday night?

DanS
05-04-2014, 05:09 PM
So which one of you had the white dodge pick up truck that i saw on friday night?

That was me. Was it a 4x4? If you noticed. Was it around 9 pm? I saw a vehicle or two stop at the bridge.
I spent way too much time at the 280th street gates and siphon. Had one striper try to eat a plug in the fast water but that was it. Stuck my tail between my legs and limped on home after that.

trail blazer
05-04-2014, 05:18 PM
you,l get lucky sooner or later duckman,,stay with it!

T/B

koifish
05-04-2014, 06:29 PM
That was me. Was it a 4x4? If you noticed. Was it around 9 pm? I saw a vehicle or two stop at the bridge.
I spent way too much time at the 280th street gates and siphon. Had one striper try to eat a plug in the fast water but that was it. Stuck my tail between my legs and limped on home after that.

It is 4x4 and four door pick up dodge. the flow was stopped completly at 10:00 pm and reopen wide at 11:50pm... This is weid....too many mosses .....we did not have one bite.

DanS
05-04-2014, 07:03 PM
It is 4x4 and four door pick up dodge. the flow was stopped completly at 10:00 pm and reopen wide at 11:50pm... This is weid....too many mosses .....we did not have one bite.

It was my truck you saw. I left around 9:15 or so. Water was running fairly strong and moss wasn't too bad yet. Your siphons down there suck. Fences too tall.

jdduckman
05-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
I don't spose I'd give up.
Fishbones, how heavy is the lure you throw? With the current I was able to get mine to go very deep.
The fluke was hugging the bottom but the real fish looking lure wer hanging about 18" down.
I didn't see any boobs on my trip. Catching fish and seeing boobs. That's awesome!
The most exciting part of my trip was when I got into the car at one spot I must have picked up a loop of line with my boot. When I started to drive off, it pulled my boot up against the door. It was like a spook was in the car pulling my foot. The window was down and the line made a sound when it snapped off the fence. I was able to pull in through the door the 30 yds of 15 lb test. I wadded it up and took it with me.
Had my pedometer on and my morning duct walk consisted of 2.6 Miles!

Fishbones
05-05-2014, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
I don't spose I'd give up.
Fishbones, how heavy is the lure you throw? With the current I was able to get mine to go very deep.
The fluke was hugging the bottom but the real fish looking lure wer hanging about 18" down.
I didn't see any boobs on my trip. Catching fish and seeing boobs. That's awesome!
The most exciting part of my trip was when I got into the car at one spot I must have picked up a loop of line with my boot. When I started to drive off, it pulled my boot up against the door. It was like a spook was in the car pulling my foot. The window was down and the line made a sound when it snapped off the fence. I was able to pull in through the door the 30 yds of 15 lb test. I wadded it up and took it with me.

no problem, we've all been there...The BBZ Shad I throw is the fast sink 1oz. but want to try the slow sink.
that's too funny bout the line,, lucky it wasn't thick braid or it could have done some damage..
thank you for packing it out..

jdduckman
05-08-2014, 09:03 PM
I think that makes 8 fishless trips.
I walked in the door and proclaimed that I was just practicing casting.
Went to the same haunts.
Current at all stops. gates were just barely open.
Good visibility. Didn't see any moss floating.

Fishbones
05-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Hey, at least your staying positive.. practicing casting..lol,,
not a bump or a flash? you threw the BBZ Right?
it sounds like slay conditions too... wonder whats up... could be the after you catch cloud I keep hearing of,,
they say once you've broken the skunk and get on the board, you catch for a good while then you skunk out for a good minute and back and forth,, im waiting..lol

jdduckman
05-08-2014, 09:55 PM
BBZ. Used the 2 you talked about. They sure look real in the water.
I have had some pretty good luck before, so this is more like a slump.
It will happen one of these times.

Fishbones
05-08-2014, 10:16 PM
yepp they sure do,, that's why I like them.. well I wish you the best and hope the slump ends quickly.

jdduckman
05-14-2014, 01:43 PM
I believe I am up to 9 trips, but a bit of a change today.
I had 1 follower and it was a big dude, a few feet long +. Came all the way up to the bank, just being cool. Acted kind of lethargic, just made a leisurely turn and left out of site.
Stayed in that spot running a bait pole and luring to beat hell.
Once the wind came up I tried a few more spots, but nothing doing.