PDA

View Full Version : Why no reports?

bruce watson
09-30-2007, 07:26 AM
Ok, for the 6 or 8 regulars of this board, what's happening. It's opening weekend and not one of us has posted anything.

I just got back from my 6,000 mile, 6 week drive around the country. I went to the Doctor the other day and found out that those really painful insect bites, weren't insect bites. They are shingles. No way I could get out this weekend.

As you know, last year I was out from 2 to 7 times a week. I plan on that again this year. Hopefully I'll do a report by the end of this week. Now what is your excuse. And make it good.

mg2969
09-30-2007, 07:40 AM
1. Have a Calculus test on wednesday
2. Figured it be a mad house.
3. So, instead I fished cabrillo friday morning, and skunk'd out on Irvine lake
(i'm not a freshwater type of guy), enough time on the water

No other reasons

bruce watson
09-30-2007, 07:44 AM
MG, homework is more important than fishing. After 60 I just said that for the first time. The real pain of the opener isn't the boats. It's the A hole divers that use your nets for bait.

CoffeaRobusta
09-30-2007, 07:44 AM
I just rolled into town as I was out for work...plan on going out tonight! Right after I change the brakes and rotor on my car....I just can't ignore that grinding sound anymore!

Reelbacklash
09-30-2007, 08:31 AM
I fished opening night with not much to report. Decided to get away from the crowds and try some new areas I found bass fishing over the summer.
Had limits for 2 in short order. We tagged and released 2 big females that were 6 and 7 pounds each. We need those big females out there spawning especially when people are hooping up to 7 times a week as stated. :?: I also marked all the of the shorties we caught and returned them safely to catch another day.
Any lobster over 5 pounds goes back on my boat. Captains rules!

Fisher-of-Men
09-30-2007, 08:32 AM
That's a nice size one, Bruce. :wink:

Looks like he managed to cut you pretty good on the right hand. Ouch! :shock:

Fisher-of-Men

bruce watson
09-30-2007, 10:07 AM
RBL, You'll notice that the one I'm holding is a male. And he is the last big one I'm going to take. Last year I let go of a bigger female. Bigger lobsters do not taste that good. This year I'm also drawing the line at 5lbs. It's a good idea. Maybe it would be a better idea to go another pound lower on the females. You may have started something. However I hope to show some bigger ones. I think I'll keep a coke can in my boat for scale. That has to work better than the measuring tape.

diamondbear
09-30-2007, 08:18 PM
NICE BUG BRUCE , way to go . cant wait to see this years pics

Wildhorse1966
10-01-2007, 01:22 AM
i cant wait to see your reports this year bruce

my excuse is that i was in cabo till tonight ... so i will be hitting the water tuesday or wed evening

chris
10-01-2007, 09:56 AM
boat engine died working hard to fix