PDA

View Full Version : what to fish for: stripers or lmb

Piss on Myspace
05-02-2014, 01:39 PM
With a failed attempt to go backpacking in the sierras this weekend, I am now left to instead camp at castaic tomorrow. Ive fished the lagoon twice, in the past, only landing two fish. My buddies and i will be renting a boat so i was thinking bout going for lmb as I very rarely fish for stripers. However i am definitely not against soaking some bait & sipping suds on the bouy line? Was just curious if any of the regulars could help me out with a few tips or pointers that could help make the day...was thinking cruising the shoreline in the morning for lmb than really open for suggestions after that. Its a pretty big lake lol.. If you're out there and see three dudes on a tin cup, come says what's up. If u don't want blast info, feel free to pm.

Thanks in advance

-dave

fishinone
05-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Good Luck tomorrow.

I might be able to help you with striper. Last week they bit everything that we threw at them, nightcrawlers, bloodworms, lugworms,forzen sardines and fresh sardines (Gallion's had them last Saturday). They didn't seem to want anything in particular and the bigger ones were on the finder but ignored our baits. My buddy got one 5 pounder before I showed up at noon, after that we just got the schoolies but 2 of us caught close to 40 of them. We fished in a cove, anchored about 50 ft. deep.

Necktie Canyon, the Buoy Line, and Sharron's Rest have all been kicking out fish.

If you're not catching in a spot you should move but you may not have to move very far. Try your baits at different depths until you find them then do it again if they quit.

Good luck!

ZipperWurm
05-02-2014, 03:37 PM
I was out this morning in this beautiful weather. Targeted LMB and it was super slow, only landed one. Tried soaking a little bait for stripers but didn't have much luck with that either....then again i dont know wtf im doing when its comes to soaking bait for stripers, so maybe you'll have more luck with them!

DMS
05-02-2014, 03:44 PM
FYI drinking alcohol at castaic is not permitted. Good luck with the fishing