PDA

View Full Version : $250 for a year pass at Perris???? WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HuskerRod
05-01-2014, 01:07 PM
You read THAT Right Perris anglers with a boat. $150 for the car annual pass and $100 for the boat launch pass. Either that or shell out $18 to fish each day. Golden Poppy passes have been discontinued. Dang, the price to live around here is getting more expensive by the minute. Where I am from, Nebraska and Minnesota, you bought a annual license and fished anywhere you wanted to anytime you want to.

The good old days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skinny
05-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Welcome to Cali! Dont forget to pay your state sales tax on that license, your luxury tax on that boat, vehicle licensing and registration fees on both vehicles, fishing license fees, quagga muscle fees, extra cali gas tax, next will be an oxygen usage fee or some other ridiculous tax. Long gone are the days our state tax money went where it should. God willing i will live long enough to put this state in my rearview mirror.

SurfCityUSA
05-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Yeah and another recent news story says the feds are going to let states charge fees for interstate freeways.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/30/administration-wants-to-let-states-collect-tolls-on-highways

Guess what state will be first to start charging for driving to work everyday!!! Ha this bull sh+t state California with gov moonbeam and those liberal scums in Sacatomatoes! TAX TAX TAX.
Increase fees everywhere including our State Parks, even for those retired folk who worked hard and paid taxes all their working lives to this state. What a bunch of ***** OOOls.
Toyota also is pulling up stakes and moving to Plano texas. 5000 more jobs gone.
Why am I still here?? Cause I want to vote to split California into multiple states!! Vote for South California now!

HuskerRod
05-01-2014, 03:19 PM
oops, and I accidentally put this in the DVL section. For what it is worth I paid $195 for a 6-month DVL pass, but still have to pay $3 fishing fees to enter.

Pete Marino
05-01-2014, 04:00 PM
$250 isn't too bad... If you go all the time it pays for itself in about 13 trips....that's barely over once a MONTH.... Not too shaby if you ask me.... If someone goes a lot they probably go 2-3 times (Or more) a month. If someone goes twice a month (which isn't much) then they are getting about 11 trips for free... because its 18 bucks each time if they don't have the pass.. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me.. Just saying..

If someone only goes once a month (12 times a year) its not a good deal..

Pete

HuskerRod
05-01-2014, 07:00 PM
My problem is Im such a credit card guy that I have a hard time finding $18 in cold hard currency or change sitting around the house to pay the entry fee, thus, the year pass for me. I can hardly find enough change to pay the $3 entry fee with annual pass at DVL. Ive literally paid with dimes and nickels...and a smile!!!!

HuskerRod
05-02-2014, 08:48 AM
Is it just me or has FNN become some what civilized. I put up a post in the wrong spot and no one rips me a new one. Next youll be able to put up a pick of your grandmas largemouth bass casserole and get nothing but compliments and no death threats.

Pete Marino
05-02-2014, 01:52 PM
REMOVE THIS CRAPPY THREAD FROM THE DVL section you idiot.... up yours..

Pete

; )

HuskerRod
05-02-2014, 03:35 PM
REMOVE THIS CRAPPY THREAD FROM THE DVL section you idiot.... up yours..

Pete

Pete,

That's more like it. I was beginning to wonder if this was FNN or something much more civilized not nearly as entertaining kind of a site.

Anybody gotta beef with this thread? Meet me behind the porta johns at DVL to settle it or else. And if I don't show we will reschedule some other time.

; )

Pete,

That's more like it. I was beginning to wonder if this was FNN or something much more civilized not nearly as entertaining kind of a site.

Anybody gotta beef with this thread? Meet me behind the porta johns at DVL to settle it or else. And if I don't show we will reschedule some other time.

Pete Marino
05-02-2014, 05:51 PM
That's it...youre on... Ill be at the portajonhns at 6am tomorrow morning... Please bring me some tp then we can talk!!! On 2nd thought, never mind...Im sleeping in... Im still sweating from being at Perris today. up yours anyway..!!!

Pete

muskyman
05-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Man I am soooooo glad I left so calif. Rod I have been here for a few days visiting......WTF where did all these people come from and you guys can have your lakes with inspections, and tags and quagga mussels and all these fee's for what ? My zebra mussel goby infested lakes have much better fishing with no fees.

Skinny
05-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Man I am soooooo glad I left so calif. Rod I have been here for a few days visiting......WTF where did all these people come from and you guys can have your lakes with inspections, and tags and quagga mussels and all these fee's for what ? My zebra mussel goby infested lakes have much better fishing with no fees.

Lucky! Ridiculous isnt it.

wellbilldancesays
05-03-2014, 12:12 AM
I wish it would go up a bit more just to get in the lake period. It really bums me out when I'm fishing and I have to look at the poor fishing from shore. Even worse yet when they have saved up enough bottles and cans and they gotten themselves one of those inner tubes with pockets to fish from, it's really depressing.

HuskerRod
05-03-2014, 11:36 AM

Dave,

Where did all these people come from? REjects from the rest of the country. Come to Cali cause the gettin' is good. A lot of free stuff to be had in these borders. Its like the gold rush of old where all the settlers headed to California to find riches. Well they are coming again, but this time they arent panning for gold, diggin, or mining. They simply fill out some paperwork, lie about their income (or refuse to work at all), and the gold finds them. You all come back now, here.

Jeff, you got a point and makes you wonder where all that money goes. A few years back I applied and actually interviewed for a summer job at Perris. Dang, they were on such a skeleton crew I might as well have just applied at Microsoft. And DVL, their staff now consists of something like seven people. $60 dollars a year for a license, lake fees, etc...they out to be swimming in money. For $8 an hour for a summer job I would have walked that Perris shoreline and left no turn unstoned, no nook uncrannied, no cranny unnooked, and picked up all that trash and given anyone I see the littering the business end of my litter grabber tongs.

bass413
05-03-2014, 12:41 PM
$250 isn't too bad...

Have agree with Pete here. Especially when a DVL pass is well over $400 AND you still have to pay to fish every time and pay for the band at the end of the day. That $250 will also get you into Silverwood as well. As Pete said....."Just saying.."

DEVOREFLYER
05-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Spent a week with my ex business partner in So Carolina last May and my non resident 14 day license was $11 and every lake we launched on the launch fee was FREE except on a marina near the hwy and the fee was a freakin' $5 and on the honor system, you put $5 in the lock box in the parking lot. Partner then came out in September to fish the back seat with me in a tournament and his non resident Calif 10 day license was $46.44. The lake my partner lives on (Lake Greenwood) is 5 miles wide and 30 miles long and you never have to worry about someone fishin' in your secret spot. Close to a dozen lakes that size or larger within a 45 min to 90 min drive of his home, the largest Lake Hartwell has over 900 miles of shoreline to fish. Stumps, timber, Lilly pads, docks, coves, flats and channels to fish. Striper, Catfish, Large and Smallmouth Bass, Lake Trout, Brown Trout, Crappie and Pan fish the size of small dinner plates and for fun catch Gar. Oh and did I mention live bait shops everywhere (Minnows, Shiners, Crayfish, worms, crickets, grubs, salamanders etc).

dattack
05-03-2014, 03:34 PM
I used to live in Pennsylvania and you can fish almost anywhere free. No parking fee. No crap fee. I see that it's $27 a month for annual resident.

HuskerRod
05-03-2014, 06:52 PM
You guys are killing me with these out of state stories. I told my buddies in Minnesota last summer when I was up there fishing some of what California is up to....fences around lakes, lakes only open certian hours, fees to fish and launch, etc.,etc. I honestly believe the guys didnt beleive me and that I was stretching the truth. Now I've straddled the fine line between stretching the truth and exaggerating when describing some of my fishing exploits, but I was being serious with these guys and they still didnt beleive me.

DEVOREFLYER
05-03-2014, 07:40 PM
HuskerRod it gets even better as you can fish 24 hrs around the clock and some of the best fishing for cats and stripers is at night. Now for only $5 you can get a license for jug fishing (50 jug max) or trot line fishing (50 hook max). Jug and trot line fishing is unattended fishing for the lazy.

HuskerRod
05-04-2014, 12:24 PM
As I kid I used to set trotlines at some of our family farm ponds in Nebraska. It was like Christmas morning getting up and going out and checking them. It was like Forrest gump said, "Life is like a box of crackers..............you never know what you gonna get".

24/7 lakes open and available........now that was nice. Gonna be 100 degrees today, no problem. Ill sit in the pool all day and his the lake at sundown. No need for sunblock, no need for heat and misery, just good old fashion Apple pie eating American fun.

for some reason back then I always felt the sting paying $10 for an annual park pass to EVERY PARK in the state......every one from state line to state line. Now a days if I moved back I'd wonder what the catch was or feel like I had some how broke the law paying a measly $10 bill. And the state parks, always manicured, well kept, and patrolled.

seal
05-04-2014, 03:08 PM
But it's a total deal! They give you the $50.00 dollar State Historic Pass/museum pass also along with the $150 access pass. Yes you too can visit places you never really wanted to visit and they can't get anybody to visit so they give you an extra pass to make the $150 price tag feel better. Some marketing genius came up with this one to soften the blow of no Poppy Passes I guess.

But I'm actually with Pete my pass is paid for within a couple 3 weeks.

Fishingkid97
05-04-2014, 03:35 PM
I purchased a poppy pass last year in june I was getting ready to purchase another one I thought that pass worked out perfect for me i got my moneys worth out of it. This sucks they discontinued it.

HuskerRod
05-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Hey, at least now we can visit that museum that is at Lake Perris. Somebody needs to go to that and document the experience and take pics. I've driven by it for 20 years and never once thought about checking it out. I feel for whoever works there. That must be one bored Son of a Gun.

HuskerRod
05-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Guys,

I'd like to take a moment of silence and bid farewell to our old friend, The California State Park Poppy Pass:

You were a good friend to my wallet!
Your access was sufficient for my needs.
No you didnt allow my access to the Kangaroo Rat museum or the Combustion Engine Hall of Fame, but I appreciated you for what you were.
I hope the funds I paid for you were not misappropriated to severely.
If they were I hope the government official had a helluva birthday party with them or vacation.
Thanks for all your did for me.
Ill never forget you!!!!

BassinPLS
05-09-2014, 05:57 AM
Do they still sell the Limited Golden Bear Pass, (over 65 years of age)? Last year I purchased one and it had gone up to $100. I still bought it as it got me into Perris & Silverwood all year. Then I won a annual pass for Perris at the Cast-4-Kids event last Sept. It's good until the end of 2014, so I haven't bought a Limited Golden Bear Pass this year.

What really gives me the red *** is the fact that Perris, Silverwood were built with tax payers money and now then bends us over to use them! I heard yesterday on the radio that there is a bill that they are trying to pass to charge you for the miles you drive your car in addition to the highway gas tax we already pay. It will not end until we get the liberal #*@tards out of office!! Just saying....!!

HuskerRod
05-09-2014, 08:37 AM
BassinLPS............If they tax me any more then they already do im gonna have to raise the white flag.

BassinPLS
05-09-2014, 10:49 AM
BassinLPS............If they tax me any more then they already do im gonna have to raise the white flag.

I would have raised the white flag a long time go if I thought it would help!!

HuskerRod
05-12-2014, 12:36 PM
I would have raised the white flag a long time go if I thought it would help!!

I would have to, BassinPLS. But the state of California imposes a $50 a year tax on exterior flag, flag poles, or outdoor hanging banners.