PDA

View Full Version : Santa Barbara Info.

Lake,sHiFter's
04-30-2014, 06:36 PM
Going to Santa Barbara for two days with the lady, question is I'm going wake up super early or right before sunset and cast out off the beach. With limited time where should I try for halibut or perch? Info poor-favor, thanks it'll help. I've tried to the right of the pier behind the rock cliff with no luck but is there any good spots so I don't have to search blind folded.

Explosivecat
04-30-2014, 08:48 PM
I would go to Goleta beach if that isn't to out of the way on the left side of the pier near the mouth of the creek not a bunch of perch but a few short halibut today the sardines were in really close to the beach so if you find a school the halibut cant be far:LOL:

HIkayakguy
05-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Either side of Goleta pier will work for halibut hunting. Bait schools tend to hang on the left side, and usually come in late afternoon. Perch are all over the beach there so again, either side of the pier will work.

For perch I would normally recommend East Beach, but with all the dredging they've been doing in the harbor, the water is poop soup and not worth fishing.

If you want to target some rockfish/calicos, Hendry's beach has kelp/structure close to shore.