PDA

View Full Version : My Eastern Sierra 2014 Opener

KidTrout
04-29-2014, 09:32 PM
Was a very cold one indeed but it didn't make a difference for me. I dressed very warm and was lucky to have a VcGurlz fishn Buff to keep my face nice and warm. I started my opener off at June Lake but had a late start due to the ice. We ended up having to get some help from some buddies just ringer out of our parking spot at Motel 6. We pushed the car out and got to June at around 6:30. I didn't have to good of luck there with only 1 fish but had at least 10 hits on the bobber and mini jig but couldn't get them to stay on. My buddies did get some nice ones from 3-5 pounds though.

The next place we went to was Little virginia for some wide open ice fishing and got 1 nice 4.8 pounder. My buddy got it and he has it on video. Hopefully I can get it from him soon to post. Well after the ice fishing we tried to fish Silver but decided it was way to windy to even try so we hit Rush creek and got a few beautiful holdovers. We didn't fish nearly as many lakes as we usually do on the opener but it was still fun. The next day we hit Convict and intake 2 for some amazing fishing. Nothing big but it's still fun messing with those little fish. Hopefully I can get back up there very soon.

Tight lines everyone

http://youtu.be/9PNyo9wZvTE

justinjmc710
05-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Nice I'm heading to Lake convict tomorrow going to be there til Tuesday any tips on what they were bitting on?

KidTrout
05-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Nice I'm heading to Lake convict tomorrow going to be there til Tuesday any tips on what they were bitting on?

Early morning throw Lures like Thomas Buoyant's, kastmasters, and super super. Mini jigs in dark and tan colors are definitely the ticket. If you want to get out far use a bobber with a 6 1/2 to 8 foot leader. Use these and you will catch fish.

ProdigyFishing
05-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Way to go Tristen! Putting that new set up to good use I see!

KidTrout
05-06-2014, 04:52 PM
Way to go Tristen! Putting that new set up to good use I see!

Oh yes! Many more fish to come. It's an awesome setup.

justinjmc710
05-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Early morning throw Lures like Thomas Buoyant's, kastmasters, and super super. Mini jigs in dark and tan colors are definitely the ticket. If you want to get out far use a bobber with a 6 1/2 to 8 foot leader. Use these and you will catch fish.

I went with the small tan colored jigs and that was the ticket :Big Grin: fishing was slow the first couple of days caught these on the last day there thanks for the advice ✌

DaFish
05-07-2014, 03:17 PM
How about the restaurants up there?

Anything good?

Has the Stove improved?
Pies are great and breakfast is good but last 2 years the prime rib and other dishes are not too good.
Thank you.