PDA

View Full Version : how was the wind today?

jd
04-29-2014, 03:09 PM
anyone fish today, was the wind really bad?

ela
04-29-2014, 09:50 PM
anyone fish today, was the wind really bad?

We got there at 7ish the wind was real bad. We end up with 7 bass all 2 pounds and up.

Viejo
04-30-2014, 07:53 AM
Winds predicted through Thursday with the potential of 70mph in the inland empire

DEVOREFLYER
04-30-2014, 08:12 AM
Winds at Mach I at my home today, put rocks in my pockets to keep me on the ground while walking to my shop. lol

HuskerRod
04-30-2014, 08:21 AM
It had to be horrible. I live right by DVL and trees were uprooted, power lines down, etc.,etc. Great day to fly a kite though

jd
04-30-2014, 10:44 AM
thanks for the replies

HuskerRod
04-30-2014, 12:51 PM
Tuesday the wind was awful. And Wednesday..even worse. 25-35 mph with gusts to 60 mph, yes, you read that right, 60 mph. I weigh well north of 200 pounds and felt I was gonna fly away on a couple occasions. Thursday is supposed to be bad as well. Friday, time to clean up the mess I guess and wish I was fishin

darknight63
04-30-2014, 04:06 PM
I was out there today, and had to be towed back in along with another boat, while towing in we picked up 3 people( one guy was not doing to well) in the lake from their boat sank....if I had not called for a tow they might not have been picked up....they should not have even open today....no refunds were given either....Their phones were barley working so it took over 20 minutes to get hold of someone to come and help...a big thanks to Guy for getting us and picking up the 3 guys, Once again...They should not have opened....scared the heck out of me today

inlandghia
04-30-2014, 05:06 PM
I was out there today, and had to be towed back in along with another boat, while towing in we picked up 3 people( one guy was not doing to well) in the lake from their boat sank....if I had not called for a tow they might not have been picked up....they should not have even open today....no refunds were given either....Their phones were barley working so it took over 20 minutes to get hold of someone to come and help...a big thanks to Guy for getting us and picking up the 3 guys, Once again...They should not have opened....scared the heck out of me today

Wow!!! glad you made it safe...no way would I be out there in the wind was just too bad today.

HuskerRod
04-30-2014, 07:20 PM
They were actually open? Man, the place that closes before before dark and opens after first light to help protect the Kangaroo Jumping Mouse, which at the current rate of deforistation my get put on the endangered list by the year 2056, actually stayed open..........geesh. I cant imagine the swells blowing int oteh launch ramp areas today.....loading and unloading would have been interestingto say the least.