PDA

View Full Version : Lost My Fav Rod

Riverdale
04-28-2014, 12:06 PM
My second time out here and we did pretty well again.My friend mostly dropping small plastics and he landed two and lost two.Me doing what I love the best throwing cranks between the stickups . I nailed two nice keepers and the 2nd fish caused Me some grief.Lost my smaller sq.bill baits and switched to a much bigger lucky craft ,well the little guy had the bottom hook stuck in the gill plates.As i worked on him I realized I should cut the line from the bait to make this easier,I kept reviving him and bringing him back into my lap as he bled onto my pants a bit. I really thought I was gonna not be able to get this bait out and lose this fish. A few more dunks in to keep him breathing and the bait was removed.One final revive and he kicked a way with a slash!!Now when I turn around I notice something is wrong ,Yup My favorite crank rod and Revo sx are gone!!:EyePop:The guy on the front just kept on moving the whole time so I really couldn't even mark the exact spot.Both fish hit the cranks very hard and obliviously the 2nd one was inhaling it LOL.Oh well This rod is a Lamiglass Crank N Blade 6-6 that I have had for about 8 years and really thought about pouting it up and not fishing it any more!!Too late its now retired..:Sad:Along the right side of the ramp about half way to the dam, so if ya find her, let me know LOL Cheers!!!!!!

BassinPLS
04-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Riverdale,

'Sorry to hear about your rod. I sent you a private message!

Perris_holic
04-28-2014, 12:44 PM
The same thing almost happened to me. I was removing a worm from a fish and not paying attn to my other rod that was dragging another worm behind the boat. At some point my shimano cumara/core combo got snagged on the bottom and it almost went over but luckily Skinny was there and grabbed it for me. That would've ruined my whole year being that it's my favorite rod and reel. Once again thanks Skinny.

DEVOREFLYER
04-28-2014, 12:48 PM
HawgZ lost one to Neptune last month when my hole shot in the "Redneck Rocketship" sent his off the stern and into the deep.

Brent
04-30-2014, 09:23 AM
I too lost my favorite Carbonlite setup a couple of weeks ago in Rawsons by setting it on the deck, removing the hook and tossing the fish back in while not looking where I was tossing it. It landed right on my line and snatched it up and over the side and before I could reach down the wind blew us off of it and I watched it sloooowy sink away. WAAAAAAAA! Sounds like if the lake gets low enough there may be a lot of nice gear to be had...lol

Brent

Riverdale
05-24-2014, 01:25 PM
I wanted to publicly say thanx to Don @ Sensor rods for building Me an amazing new Crank rod!!Red Phenix Glass 7 footer,red and black swirl grip with just amazing action and color!!!A true beauty!!He charges wholesale pricing on components and 50 bucks to put it all together. My preference is reaction style baits and this will be the Rod My P.B. will come on!!!!Thanx Don!!!!!

BassinPLS
05-25-2014, 08:55 AM
I wanted to publicly say thanx to Don @ Sensor rods for building Me an amazing new Crank rod!!Red Phenix Glass 7 footer,red and black swirl grip with just amazing action and color!!!A true beauty!!He charges wholesale pricing on components and 50 bucks to put it all together. My preference is reaction style baits and this will be the Rod My P.B. will come on!!!!Thanx Don!!!!!

Riverdale,

Thank you for the kind words. I am pleased you are happy with the Phenix Crankbait rod. This one is the full glass blank and has a "killer" action for cranking the big ones!

Have you had a chance to try it out?

Sensor Fishing Rod

BassinPLS, (Don)

JV
05-25-2014, 10:20 PM
It's a strange feeling when that happens. I lost a St. Croix Legend Elite with a Curado at DVL. Maybe someone will snag it one of these days.

Riverdale
05-27-2014, 06:50 PM
Riverdale,

Thank you for the kind words. I am pleased you are happy with the Phenix Crankbait rod. This one is the full glass blank and has a "killer" action for cranking the big ones!

Have you had a chance to try it out?

Sensor Fishing Rod

BassinPLS, (Don) Yes, did not get my new Revo yet but went to the stone( formally Puddiingstone) LOL and threw some baits to feel it out and the rod has great action and pump!!No fish as I had expected but did get to feel her!!Amazing cant wait to get loaded up on a big one with this rod!!!!Cheers Riv..

It's a strange feeling when that happens. I lost a St. Croix Legend Elite with a Curado at DVL. Maybe someone will snag it one of these days.
Ya, Rod meant alot to me, represented a time and place in my life that I Will never forget,hard thing to let go of!!!Thanx for chiming in everyone !!!