PDA

View Full Version : Crappie spots at Irvine?

Ian
04-27-2014, 12:16 AM
Have the Crappie bounced back since the great bite of a few yrs ago? How has the action been and where are they biting at?

5150fishn
04-27-2014, 10:17 PM
I haven't targeted them this year but I hear some slabs have been pulled from the flats. Let us know if you go how the bite is.

muskyman
04-28-2014, 06:07 AM
follow the cliffs back to where it meets the flats, either in and around the creek channel or the cuts along where the cliffs transitions into the flats. Watch for the pair of ospreys. They always prefer crappie over trout........ smart birds huh. Anyways, if its overcast all the better. I will be there next week sometime, just not sure what day. Good luck dude

Ian
04-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Dave, we must hook up then! ;)

troutdog
04-28-2014, 06:55 PM
Crappie have been more incidental catches (trolling cranks or guys jigging for trout), usually coming 1-2 at a time per angler. With the water coming up recently there will be plenty of prime looking flooded brush areas, based on the the recent "local" feedback I'd start my quest towards the back of the flats :Secret:

follow the cliffs back to where it meets the flats, either in and around the creek channel or the cuts along where the cliffs transitions into the flats. Watch for the pair of ospreys. They always prefer crappie over trout........ smart birds huh. Anyways, if its overcast all the better. I will be there next week sometime, just not sure what day. Good luck dude

Looking forward to the DD kitty report...good luck MM.

TD