PDA

View Full Version : quick mid day trip,,,T/W, j,baits,,,,,and a new SECRET NEW Lure,,,

trail blazer
04-25-2014, 06:27 PM
Arived at 2 pm fished till 4 pm not off the hook but a steady slow pic,,,,,ALL on T/W Nothing on the jerkbaits AND cutbait showd at abought 3 15 or so and tied on something that weve been discussing , playd with it a bit to get it just right and got 1 solid slam on it,,,,no hookup but were not done with it by all means,,,i think were on to something:Wink:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,More to come on this lure as it progresses,,,still SUPERTUPERTOPSECRET!:Secret:

10 blowups on the T/W 5 Hook,d and landed,,,,,,all barely legal,,,skinny looking<spawn,d out>

Really not a bad cpl hrs for a mid day trip I guess

TRAil blazer

moparferlife
04-25-2014, 06:31 PM
Nice report man. Can't complain when you don't skunk at that time of the day. Down here I never seem to have good luck late afternoon.

Hmm now I'm interested in this new supertupertopsecert lure lol

cutbait
04-25-2014, 06:39 PM
The only reason we didn't hook up on the new top secret is we weren't prepared! Had a size 2 circle hook when we needed an 8/0 wide gap!

Its going to work... you know it, I know it....

trail blazer
04-25-2014, 06:55 PM
I think a 2/0 strait shank,, with a finishing nail,,,think abought it

cutbait
04-25-2014, 07:09 PM
I think a 2/0 strait shank,, with a finishing nail,,,think abought it

8/0 sounds better for the masses to throw off the supertuper top secret..

But your right... long shank would of caught one today

trail blazer
04-25-2014, 07:45 PM
that's right,,,,,,, 8/0 with a pork chunk and leech

catchingsomefish
04-25-2014, 07:54 PM
Sounds like a fun time guys, did you see a guy in a Winnebago Mike? LOL I am kinda jealous, I would love to be able to sneak away two days in a row................Dave