PDA

View Full Version : SARL Tube Report 4/19/14

Mr T-rex
04-21-2014, 11:44 AM
Put my trout rods away, dusted off my tube & brought the kitty rods out to play

i had one rod with a fly line set up and the other carolina rigged, in the water by 6:30am and trolled around for a bit until I found the school I was looking for out In the deepest part of the lake . Caught all of my Blues on fly line nightcrawlers set up (4lb test) and got hit once on my shrimp rod, double up on a tube is just the best feeling ever haha . I finally redeemed myself after having a horrible cat season last year but now I seem to have it dialed in and i am really looking forward to this upcoming catfish season, finished off with my catfish limit and i lost about another 5 due to fishing with 4lb test.. Good day of fishing and cant wait for the next outing & i also want to thank Santa Ana River Lakes for stocking some nice quality blue catfish keep them coming

http://i.imgur.com/f2JQ5oY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3vRVF6c.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/L7YzFpL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Bh1Jr1B.jpg

Carptain_Bao
04-21-2014, 12:39 PM
Nicely done T-Rex! Love seeing some kitty actions! They put up nice fights on the tube!

Mr T-rex
04-21-2014, 12:43 PM
Thank you Bao. I finally found them and tell me about it catfish are in charge when fishing off a tube with 4lb test

etucker1959
04-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Good job Mr T-rex!!!!!!! Were you in the Catfish Lake??????????

Mr T-rex
04-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Thank you buddy . correcto mundo I actually tubed both of the lakes
Cant wait for the cat season

Good job Mr T-rex!!!!!!! Were you in the Catfish Lake??????????

Marley
04-21-2014, 06:01 PM
Nice job on the whiskers! Love the fight on light tackle, but there is that attrition factor. I have to say that you guys chasing catfish on float tubes makes me really nervous. Those steel bawlz sink pretty fast!

Mr T-rex
04-21-2014, 10:15 PM
Thank you bud I got them on 4lb test and it just makes the fight 10x better,Tell me about it Marley but I carry a life vest with me every outing! Pretty scary but fun at the same time

Leejahd
04-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Keep them in a basket and let it hang under the tube. You'll e fine

Mr T-rex
04-21-2014, 10:57 PM

Thank you I can't trust a cat on a stringer so I have them caged

Hook um Dano
04-25-2014, 11:22 AM
Nice job on those kitties, might have to hit it up,I definitely ready for catfish season.

Mr T-rex
04-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Thank you Dano. You have to check it out this season
it might be a little tough from shore so either get out there on a tube or a boat and drift fish in the middle of the lake
fly line set up

vegas fish slayer
04-30-2014, 07:14 PM

Last season we came down and fished cats a couple of times. I got a big one fought it for like 20 min on 2lb get it on stringer and its around a 5lber. Little while later my son asked to see my fish so I grabbed my stringer to lift to show him the fish like we have all done a million times. Lift stringer cat fish goes bonkers on the stringer hanging. stringer slipped out of my hand and the catfish popped my Super Fat Cat right on the side. Did I mention this was at about 2am all the way across Corona by Rattlesnake Beach. Talk about Pissed!!! So ya I agree with Leo Basket is the ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!

Mr T-rex
05-01-2014, 09:39 AM
Wow hope you had a lifesaver around.. yeah man I don't carry my cats on stringers first of all because they find ways to slip out and they might pop my tube. I have a cage around to help me out with that

Last season we came down and fished cats a couple of times. I got a big one fought it for like 20 min on 2lb get it on stringer and its around a 5lber. Little while later my son asked to see my fish so I grabbed my stringer to lift to show him the fish like we have all done a million times. Lift stringer cat fish goes bonkers on the stringer hanging. stringer slipped out of my hand and the catfish popped my Super Fat Cat right on the side. Did I mention this was at about 2am all the way across Corona by Rattlesnake Beach. Talk about Pissed!!! So ya I agree with Leo Basket is the ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!

vegas fish slayer
05-01-2014, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=Mr T-rex;725766]Wow hope you had a lifesaver around.. yeah man I don't carry my cats on stringers first of all because they find ways to slip out and they might pop my tube. I have a cage around to help me out with that[/QUOTe

I have a full cage on my tube as well with fish finder and all built right onto it. I heard the boat hissing air out quite rapidly so i covered it with my hand to slow down the air escaping and made it to shore floating on my air seats. The exact reason i wanted a boat with air seats. We tested the theroy last summer in the pool and a fish cat 4 with foam seats will not hold you up if you get your bladders popped but luckily there is 2 on them and not 1 like on the super fat cat. And another thing who cares if they fall off they are mud sharks that just means you can catch another!!! lol