PDA

View Full Version : san diego bay this morning for a PB!!!

benichi
04-16-2014, 08:16 PM
hey guys fished the bay from shore with a new fishing buddy. I had good day with 8 spotties, 1 covina, and 1 halibut my Personal best so far coming in at 26 inches even. everything caught off plastics.
oh also hooked up what we thing was a bat ray fought him for a good 10 mins watching him splash on the surfas every once in a wile but we could not get a good look to see exactly what it was. broke off just trying to force him to much my mistake. thought it was tired lol but no!!!!! those things are beast on the rod...

Cadillyak
04-16-2014, 08:36 PM
Emberkadero??

bachiboy
04-16-2014, 09:30 PM
Thought you had misprinted when you said corvina but that's what is is alright...then I remembered this is SD bay. They're definitely in there. Nice going and congrats on the legal!!!

Don

benichi
04-16-2014, 10:18 PM
Thought you had misprinted when you said corvina but that's what is is alright...then I remembered this is SD bay. They're definitely in there. Nice going and congrats on the legal!!!

Don

thanks man they are a blast now on to the 30 inch club lol im trying anyway

Emberkadero??

the corvina was at emberkadero good eye!!!!

tomar19
04-16-2014, 11:21 PM
Good job out there, and nice fishes. Looks like fun, I'll have to take a trip south on one of my weekend outings.

yakfish51
04-17-2014, 07:55 AM
Nice job catching.

basshole1
04-17-2014, 06:37 PM
Cool fish and congrats on the PB. You're SD bay trips are always so productive. PROPS.

Jaysuuun
04-18-2014, 11:51 PM
That's a nice PB flattie! Congrats! San Diego Bay is a destination I would like to take our new yak to. I hear the flatties are bigger and there are plenty of spotties willing to play.

iLLest
04-19-2014, 12:20 AM
Very nice catches my friend. A 25" flattie is solid and a corvina is just the cherry on top, good job man.
keep it up

benichi
04-19-2014, 10:38 AM
That's a nice PB flattie! Congrats! San Diego Bay is a destination I would like to take our new yak to. I hear the flatties are bigger and there are plenty of spotties willing to play.

oh man with a yak you could hammer them.. I want one so bad. the spotties have slowed way down dont know why a month ago you could go out there and catch 50 in one outing. last time only 8 for the whole day. they moved the bait barge to right in front of harbor island. dont know if that has change something in the fish or what but yeah spotties are not there like normal

Very nice catches my friend. A 25" flattie is solid and a corvina is just the cherry on top, good job man.
keep it up

thanks man I really want to get a 30+ incher been hitting the surf as well but only getting BSP but i know they are out there just got to keep trying....

skunked4life
04-23-2014, 11:35 AM
I agree with Frank...25" butt IS solid and the corvina, well...now you are making me cry. Great Job!

Skunked4life

Wingnut
04-26-2014, 02:26 PM
Dang, a Corvina! That's one of the species I want to cross off my list. :Envious: