PDA

View Full Version : MY DAUGHTER'S FIRST PIGGY - plus video

anchor3n1
04-14-2014, 03:34 PM
​I invited Scott (Bassmeister) and Erik (Erikallen17) to join us fishing this morning (us = Alexa and Noelle). This is the start of Easter vacation and they have been asking me to take them out to the surf. So last week I reconned a new beach AO and I found a really good looking spot at low tide:

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/anchor3n1/newAOApril14_zps72c399b5.jpg (http://s860.photobucket.com/user/anchor3n1/media/newAOApril14_zps72c399b5.jpg.html)

As the day arrived (today actually), Scott couldn't make it and Alexa ended up sleeping in with Mommy. So it was Noelle and I and Erik.

The goal today was to get Noelle on her first piggy perch. Nothing else. The morning was looking great, we were up well before sunrise and planned on being on the sand by gray light. Erik was a little late as he missed his wake up alarm. It didn't matter though. We met Erik at our meeting place and took off to our new AO.

However, when we arrived there it was totally filled in with sand - no more structure:mad: Oh well, so we tried anyway but it was pathetic conditions as the water was overflowing with 'salad'. We were tossing the LC and the Daiwa minnow in the hope of coaxing out the pigs. I could tell after a while though that Noelle was getting bored with taking salad off her minnow most every cast so she sat down on a rock and watched me. Uh oh, I thought, I better get her some action soon cuz I don't want her to get down on fishing. So I grabbed the carolina rig and called her over to me so she could at least experience something.

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/anchor3n1/P1000050_zpsb8aa90ea.jpg (http://s860.photobucket.com/user/anchor3n1/media/P1000050_zpsb8aa90ea.jpg.html)

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/anchor3n1/P1000048_zpsbb020fd8.jpg (http://s860.photobucket.com/user/anchor3n1/media/P1000048_zpsbb020fd8.jpg.html)

She landed two little squealing piglets and she was looking cheerful again. About this time Erik shows up as he had been working the beach with his drop shot rig and I mentioned that we haul out of there and head north to an AO that should give us something better.

As soon as we arrive at our next AO and Noelle makes her first cast she hooks a cabby but farms it when he's right at her feet - "sorry honey":Embarrassed:
But after some time she connects with her intended target - a piggy:Cool::Envious::Big Grin:

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/anchor3n1/P1000055_zps762c86d3.jpg (http://s860.photobucket.com/user/anchor3n1/media/P1000055_zps762c86d3.jpg.html)

It was a nice one at 15".
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/anchor3n1/P1000057_zps2858b99f.jpg (http://s860.photobucket.com/user/anchor3n1/media/P1000057_zps2858b99f.jpg.html)

Here's one more piggy:
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/anchor3n1/P1000053_zps9617c1a9.jpg (http://s860.photobucket.com/user/anchor3n1/media/P1000053_zps9617c1a9.jpg.html)

Here's a little video:

http://youtu.be/estIrGhOSzs

It turned out to be a fantastic day. My girl was so excited and loved hanging out with her Daddy (and "Mr. Erik") too!!!

Dads enjoy your kids (I know you do:Smile:), spend time with them. Fishing is such a great way to do it. It's a gift (memory) that will stay with them forever!

Nick

ErikAllen17
04-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Enjoyed some time with Nick and his daughter Noelle today. It was a GORGEOUS day at the beach... which for me, usually translates to crappy fishing. I threw a double dropshot that resulted in a record smashing 22" BSP . That's right... 22" of BSP, dangling on my line with the video to prove it!!!

http://youtu.be/IJ-HgQvW_bQ

I figured that would get your attention... yeah, I landed a double hookup! First time on multiple fish without using a Sibiki Rig. It was awesome... the 2 fish were estimated at 12" for one and 10" for the other. Truthfully, they were probably a hair bigger, but I wasn't willing to tape them out. My goal was to get them back in the water ASAP.

We threw for about 3 hours total at 2 different AO's and that was the only action I experienced. Congrats to Noelle for hooking up her PB BSP! The fishing was OK... we all removed the stripe. Noelle was the big winner with 3 fish today.

bassmeister
04-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Way to go Noelle on getting your first PIGGY. Those are some very nice looking Perch.
Sorry to hear about the lost Cabby you'll get him next time.

Tesserz
04-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Congrats on your first piggy, Noelle!! :Thumbs Up: The first of many I'm sure. :Razz:

The_Dude
04-14-2014, 07:53 PM
That is so awesome.

basshole1
04-14-2014, 09:58 PM
Enjoyed some time with Nick and his daughter Noelle today. It was a GORGEOUS day at the beach... which for me, usually translates to crappy fishing. I threw a double dropshot that resulted in a record smashing 22" BSP . That's right... 22" of BSP, dangling on my line with the video to prove it!!!

http://youtu.be/IJ-HgQvW_bQ

I figured that would get your attention... yeah, I landed a double hookup! First time on multiple fish without using a Sibiki Rig. It was awesome... the 2 fish were estimated at 12" for one and 10" for the other. Truthfully, they were probably a hair bigger, but I wasn't willing to tape them out. My goal was to get them back in the water ASAP.

We threw for about 3 hours total at 2 different AO's and that was the only action I experienced. Congrats to Noelle for hooking up her PB BSP! The fishing was OK... we all removed the stripe. Noelle was the big winner with 3 fish today.

Dang...you almost had me goin!! LOL nice double hookup sir.

bachiboy
04-14-2014, 11:54 PM
Very cool report guys and congrats to Noelle on an awesome fish! She's definitely got the touch. Might want to keep her fingers away from those hooks though. One flop can spell disaster...I learned the hard way x3.:Shocked: Sounds like you all had a great day out. Way to go!

Don

SP Dan
04-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Congratulations on your very first BSP of many, Noelle!! :Big Smile::Applause:

SP Dan <"))><

bones
04-15-2014, 06:51 PM
Way to GO GIRL...Impressive. You are going to be a serious contender at HGVI this year for sure.:Dancing Banana:

P.S.

Don't let Erik's "FOOLS" piggy back report bother you. He is DEFINATELY cheating with a sabiki rig :ROFL:

Geeeeze Erik.....Put up your own report instead of trying to shine under Noelle :ROFL:

ErikAllen17
04-16-2014, 07:22 AM
Geeeeze Erik.....Put up your own report instead of trying to shine under Noelle :ROFL:
Wasn't trying to steal her thunder... I would never do that. Nick and I have done "joint reports" since the first day we fished together. If we're on the sand together, we write one report. Whomever writes the report first lets the other know as soon as it's done so they can reserve the spot underneath until they have the time to contribute their take on the day with photos/video.

skunked4life
04-16-2014, 09:19 AM
AWESOME! Makes me want to take my older one out! Great job out there: first, as a father, second as a fisherman!

Thanks for the pictures, the report, and the video. Truly an all around report!

Ken

P.S. Erik, we know that you guys piggy back on each others' reports. We do it too. Pretty sure Bones was just teasing. Thanks for the video and great job on the double!

murrieta angler
04-16-2014, 02:20 PM
Well congratulations Noelle!!
As big as your smile was, I'm sure your Dads was bigger....:Big Grin:
Thanks for sharing a personal joy from your life Nick...:Cool:
God Bless You Bro,
Robert
<><

Wingnut
04-16-2014, 06:34 PM
Nice Piggie, I predict she will have that PB beat by the end of Spring. :Wink:
My biggest BSP this year is a 12" incher. :Envious:
Always a pleasure seeing your reports Nick. :Thumbs Up: Nice double BSP hookup too Erik. :Razz:

We are currently planning for the HG6 Event... tell Noelle to be ready to defend her Jr. Derby Crown. :Big Grin:

anchor3n1
04-18-2014, 09:18 AM
I showed my daughter Noelle this post and everyone's replies. I thought it would be cool to take a few minutes and show her some of your session posts so she could see a little bit bout who you are. It made her day to read your words to her and made the day even more special for her. Below is her responses to you

Erik, Noelle and I enjoyed hanging out with you too, buddy! Good job on the on the 22" BSP(s):EyePop:

Way to go Noelle on getting your first PIGGY. Those are some very nice looking Perch.
Sorry to hear about the lost Cabby you'll get him next time.

Scott, Noelle says "Thank you!" She (and I) missed fishing with you. She looks forward to meeting you especially after hearing bout our epic halibut day last week.

Congrats on your first piggy, Noelle!! :Thumbs Up: The first of many I'm sure. :Razz:

Hi Tess

I told Noelle bout you and found/showed her the picture of you holding that monster WSB. She was blown away and told me to tell you, "thank you" for your congrats to her. It made her smile:Big Grin:

That is so awesome.

Hi Dude - Noelle said to say "thank you".

Very cool report guys and congrats to Noelle on an awesome fish! She's definitely got the touch. Might want to keep her fingers away from those hooks though. One flop can spell disaster...I learned the hard way x3.:Shocked: Sounds like you all had a great day out. Way to go!

Don

Hi Don

Noelle remembers you from HG5 last year and your friendliness to us. She told me to say, "thank you" to you. I showed her the post of the "kimble" fish and one of your many halibut sessions. Yes she was amazed:Shocked:

Congratulations on your very first BSP of many, Noelle!! :Big Smile::Applause:

SP Dan <"))><

Hey Dan -- Noelle said to tell you "thank you for the congrats" I found the post of you holding up your big ole stripper so Noelle could see you. Needless to say she could hardly believe it:Shocked:

Way to GO GIRL...Impressive. You are going to be a serious contender at HGVI this year for sure.:Dancing Banana:

P.S.

Don't let Erik's "FOOLS" piggy back report bother you. He is DEFINATELY cheating with a sabiki rig :ROFL:

Hi Mike

Noelle told me to tell you "thank you for the kind words". I showed her to post/pic of you with mouth a gape holding the giant 41' halibut. "Whoa" was the first word out of her a gape mouth:EyePop: I also told her that that second AO where she got her piggies was given to us by none other than yourself. Several months ago you and I ere PMing and you mentioned that spot to me. Again she said to tell you "thanks" for telling us bout the spot.

AWESOME! Makes me want to take my older one out! Great job out there: first, as a father, second as a fisherman!

Thanks for the pictures, the report, and the video. Truly an all around report!

Ken

P.S. Erik, we know that you guys piggy back on each others' reports. We do it too. Pretty sure Bones was just teasing. Thanks for the video and great job on the double!

Hi Ken

Thank you bro. You are a a real encourager and I know your a wonderful dad! I showed Noelle the post of your 30 30 halibut day. It blew her away and made her say, "daddy I'm ready to catch something different than a perch now. Can we go and try and catch a halibut?" You bet Noelle:LOL:

Well congratulations Noelle!!
As big as your smile was, I'm sure your Dads was bigger....:Big Grin:
Thanks for sharing a personal joy from your life Nick...:Cool:
God Bless You Bro,
Robert
<><

Hi brother Robert

You nailed it!!! I was smiling big time as Noelle caught that BSP, saw her face, and heard her shout out. That's bout as good as it gets:Big Grin:
I reminded her bout how you and I nearly got together back in January when she (the family) was down for her ballet audition. "Oh yeah I remember you guys talking on the phone for a long time bout fishing and church when we were driving down to the audition" she said. "Are you going to fish with Mr. Robert some time?" "Some day I'm sure we will". So I showed her one of your posts so she could see you and your halibut catches.

God bless you, too!!!

Nice Piggie, I predict she will have that PB beat by the end of Spring. :Wink:
My biggest BSP this year is a 12" incher. :Envious:
Always a pleasure seeing your reports Nick. :Thumbs Up: Nice double BSP hookup too Erik. :Razz:

We are currently planning for the HG6 Event... tell Noelle to be ready to defend her Jr. Derby Crown. :Big Grin:

Hi Arthur

Noelle loved your encouraging words. She told me to say "thank you" to you. Noelle told me to tell you she was totally surprised to win the derby last year but she can't wait to go again this year and see what happens. (of course she knows and remembers you but I showed her one of your posts anyway. She laughed at your story and was amazed at the fish you landed!!!)

blesings

Nick

fishinone
04-18-2014, 09:57 AM
Noelle, I enjoyed meeting you and Alexa at the LARRC kids fishing event.

I wasn't paying any attention to the ocean reports but I saw Alexa's picture on the home page. It took a while for me to figure out why she looked familiar. Thank you both for helping with the kids.

Nice catch in the surf!

anchor3n1
04-18-2014, 10:33 AM
Noelle, I enjoyed meeting you and Alexa at the LARRC kids fishing event.

I wasn't paying any attention to the ocean reports but I saw Alexa's picture on the home page. It took a while for me to figure out why she looked familiar. Thank you both for helping with the kids.

Nice catch in the surf!

Hi Ron

I didn't realize that 'fishinone" was you. Yes Noelle and I had a great time helping the kids enjoy a day of fishing at the trout derby a couple weeks ago. It was fun fishing along side you too!

take care my friend,

Nick

fishinone
04-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Hi Ron

I didn't realize that 'fishinone" was you. Yes Noelle and I had a great time helping the kids enjoy a day of fishing at the trout derby a couple weeks ago. It was fun fishing along side you too!

take care my friend,

Nick

Well, I obviously didn't understand what you wrote.

It was nice meeting you and Noelle, Nick.

iLLest
04-19-2014, 01:17 AM
Dude, heck yea!
Thats what its all about right there.
Her first piggy, but definitely not her last!
Way to go Noelle, keep em coming.

anchor3n1
04-21-2014, 06:58 PM
Dude, heck yea!
Thats what its all about right there.
Her first piggy, but definitely not her last!
Way to go Noelle, keep em coming.

Hi Frank:

Thanks for the props. I like to catch fish of course but teaching my girls and then watching how excited/happy they are when they do it themselves can't be beat.

We looked up your last session post and it was awesome - 2 nice legal butts and calicos. (but it was two years ago, we hope you can get out there again soon and post another awesome report).

Noelle told me to tell you, "thank you".

take care,

Nick