PDA

View Full Version : New to silverwood

Kliston7
04-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Hi everyone, I've never been to lake silverwood before and decided to head up this coming Saturday with a couple of my friends, I've read a lot of mixed reviews and tips and am a little unsure. We will be fishing for stripers, but I read there will be a bass tournament the same day, so I'm a little concerned but this is the only day I can get off work. I was planning on just fishing fly lined anchovies due to my crew I'll have and read the inlet and millers canyon are the go to places? I was wondering
About how deep I should be fishing? And any other tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks Again,
Kory

seal
04-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Bass fishermen will have little affect on the bait fishing for stripers. Outhouse cove, Chemise, bouy line all good areas if you can find um, once you find um it really should be an easy limit on schoolies.

Kliston7
04-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Ok cool! I didn't think they would but I did get a boat reservation so I can get on the lake, thanks for the tip! Any suggested depth to be fishing at or how deep to have my bait? I have a lowrance too so that should
Help, I need to get some more anchor line as mines only about 75 feet, hahaha.. Thanks again for the help!

seal
04-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Hopefully TO or others will chime in to help you on the depth. I'm more of a swimbait guy and not sure of the depth to send you to right now. Good luck!

fishinone
04-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Ok cool! I didn't think they would but I did get a boat reservation so I can get on the lake, thanks for the tip! Any suggested depth to be fishing at or how deep to have my bait? I have a lowrance too so that should
Help, I need to get some more anchor line as mines only about 75 feet, hahaha.. Thanks again for the help!

Harbor Freight sells 600 ft. rolls of 1/4" electrical pull rope for $18. You might want to get some gloves too, if you get it, it's rough on the hands.

Kliston7
04-08-2014, 08:56 AM
Awesome thanks for the replies! Will give an update afterwards.
I think I have some rope lying around I can use but if it's not in good enough shape I'll definitely check that rope at harbor freight out, thanks!!!