PDA

View Full Version : Were did corona lake go??

fisherman951
04-05-2014, 08:37 PM
well decided to go today after a long time and i get their and more then half the lake is GONE!!. Do they plan to drain this thing out or whats going on?? hopefully we get some info. I do realize we didn't get much rain but wow i was speechless. WELl to the fish report short and simple SKUNK!! Had 1 good bite and it shook off and besides that lake seems DEAD!! one other thing whats going on with security?? i kind of figured that they might of changed the rules to UNLIMITED POLES!! seems every1 their fishes with at least 3 to 4 poles per person and don't don't have much respect for other anglers. got their at opening and left at 1 NOT ONCE did i see the security checking the place out. well thats all folks till next time

fishinglakes.com
04-06-2014, 07:44 AM
Most all Lakes in So. Cal are low due to the drought. Corona is down about 10 vertical feet. The Water District is pumping water into the Lake which is holding the current elevation. The last big rain saturated the canyon and a small amount is flowing in through the stream, but Corona needs rain to fill the Lake.
Hopefully we get some soon.

TUNAVIC
04-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Most all Lakes in So. Cal are low due to the drought. Corona is down about 10 vertical feet. The Water District is pumping water into the Lake which is holding the current elevation. The last big rain saturated the canyon and a small amount is flowing in through the stream, but Corona needs rain to fill the Lake.
Hopefully we get some soon.

Rain? Don't hold your breath on that one,80dgrs today,86dgrs Tuesday!

Cya Tuna Vic

Webfoot
04-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Current conditions at Corona are tough. The water has dropped to the lowest I've seen. I stopped fishing trout there 3 weeks ago when the water temps were at 68+. The trout fishing before that was exceptional and the staff did a great job with the stockings this season. Catfish and Crappie bites are picking up there now. Pray for El Nino rain this fall !