PDA

View Full Version : No campfires allowed at Crowley Lake north landing for trout season opener

Smells like fish
04-05-2014, 02:51 PM
For all of you planning on camping in the north landing (Green church area) at Crowley for the opener, no campfires will be allowed for the opening weekend, at this time. I read it on the Crowley fish camp website and verified it by phone two days ago. It sounds like the dry winter created a dry brush situation. Hopefuly, the recent storms will change this ruling because it can get butt *** cold up there as you know without a campfire to warm you. No word on propane heaters being allowed but I hope so.

Coldsteel
04-10-2014, 09:14 AM
I Hear ya SLF,

I am bummed, I was planning on dry camping the East Shore but no campfires at night really sucks even though I do understand. I guess I might change my plans and hit June Lake, I do not want to camp in the fish camp area 5 feet from my fellow campers................. Good Luck Bro

Smells like fish
04-10-2014, 02:00 PM
I just got off the phone with them for an update and the campfire ruling is still the same. They are waiting for DWP to make a final ruling.

Coldsteel
04-10-2014, 02:08 PM
I just got off the phone with them for an update and the campfire ruling is still the same. They are waiting for DWP to make a final ruling.

I am going over my plan for opening week, I think I will hit up June Loop Sat-Monday and then blaze back to Crowley Tuesday- Wednesday. What's camping & Fishing without a fire and some beers! I know there will be a few places left to camp during the week that has campfire pits (June Lake Campground -BLM-) and McGee Creek Park, I think McGee Creek Campground is not open until May 1st.