PDA

View Full Version : 4 Fecta/quad fecta,,,The MID, Good fishing today

trail blazer
04-03-2014, 08:34 PM
Had to go SOLO Again :Rolls Eyes: No biggy,,,had a blast,,,,,,,,,,8 2 to 3 lbrs on the troll,,,,also missed a few trolling,,,,,,,,,,,,2 Greencarp trolling,,,,,,,,,,,3 smallys trolling, had to keep 1 cause he plum swallowd the BAKO BOY rig,,,,,,,,,2 Kittys landed abought 3 1/2 ish apiece and kept,,,,,,,one extremely large kitty I fought for 6 or 7 minutes till he finally broke me off on my anchor rope while baiting down a bit in cutbaits spot,,,,,,tons of dinks there to be had ,,,could see them under the boat eating sardine heads,,,,,,,,only took 1 pic early in the day,,,,,,,,,,ice chest was better then 1/2 full when I was through ,,,I LOVE THAT LAKE,,

Here,s that pic

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/0403141442_zpsa2391e21.jpg

Cought fish in the channel,,,the island,,,,,,,,,over by the old ramp and the dam area,,,,,,,,,,wat temp has dropped a bit,,,,,,,57 early 58 later in the day,

Asked abought the lake hrs also,,,,was told that this sunday will be 6 30am to 6 pm,,,

TRAIL BLAZER

cutbait
04-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Should of tried for trout!..

Great report brudda! Excellent info.. how was lake clarity?

trail blazer
04-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Best I could tell with my less then perfect eyes 15 to 20 feet main lake,,,,8 to 10 in the cahnnel

trail blazer
04-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Should of tried for trout!..

Great report brudda! Excellent info.. how was lake clarity?
Sure missed you up there bro

catchingsomefish
04-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the report Scott, sounds like a lot of fun, even though you were solo, didnt sound like you had a chance to get bored with all the action! Looks like you had a nice day weather wise also.......Hope to see you out on the water soon............Dave

cutbait
04-04-2014, 04:48 AM
Sure missed you up there bro

I know I know....

You know how I like to take advantage of these nice weather days to paint !

fishinone
04-04-2014, 06:00 AM
Nice slat T/B. That sounds like some steady action but I was looking for a Castaic report.

trail blazer
04-04-2014, 06:27 AM
Nice slat T/B. That sounds like some steady action but I was looking for a Castaic report.

Hard to pass up the mid ron,,,,,,,,,just such a fun little place,,,people are great,,less wind,,,good fishing,

The BAKO BOYS are hook,d on that little lake I guess,,Our home lake forsure.

Will be hitting staic soon also im sure,,,,,,Looks like BOB found some goodans the other day over there for his people,,,thats a great sign for an early bite for sure,,,,see ya soon.

T/B

TroutOnly
04-04-2014, 07:01 AM
GOOD JOB ON THE CATCH T/B I WILL BE THERE SUN WITH A COUPLE CUSTOMERS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

trail blazer
04-04-2014, 07:18 AM
GOOD JOB ON THE CATCH T/B I WILL BE THERE SUN WITH A COUPLE CUSTOMERS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

Rite on bob,,,,,wish you would a known that was me in the text,,,,,,was hopeing to slay some feesh with you,,,T/B

trail blazer
04-04-2014, 07:24 AM
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

While cutting that smalley up in little pieces so it would fit in the fertilizer grinder , I noticed that it was plum full of worms LOTS! Seen that before in catfish but never bass,Hope that there,s not something bad going on with the SMB population up there!,,,,o well,,,,,hope they don,t wreck my maters!.

T/B

FishingwithDave
04-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Man Scott, you had a good day out there! Wish I could have gone. You alwyas kill it at the Mid. BTW, did I read this correctly, you anchored down to B&W? LOL

I'll be off work the week of April 15th. That Tuesday and Wednesday are really good days for me and I plan on heading to the Mid at least one of those days. If your off, maybe we can head up there together. I need a Bako Boy trolling lesson!

FWD

trail blazer
04-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Man Scott, you had a good day out there! Wish I could have gone. You alwyas kill it at the Mid. BTW, did I read this correctly, you anchored down to B&W? LOL

I'll be off work the week of April 15th. That Tuesday and Wednesday are really good days for me and I plan on heading to the Mid at least one of those days. If your off, maybe we can head up there together. I need a Bako Boy trolling lesson!

FWD

Yes you read it right,,,,,I DID THE B and W fOR AN HOUR OR SO,,,,,,,,,,Thats when I pick,d up the kittys ,,,went through a whole bag of dines real quick with all the dink stripers surrounding the boat,,,,,,brushing up on that for when I take the kids with me,,,they would have had a ball at that spot ,,,,,,,,,,the keepers all came on the BIG HAMMER BAKO BOY rigs though,,

Stay in touch cause I never know when il get a day off.

TRAIL BLAZER