PDA

View Full Version : i finally got one !!

fishrookie
09-28-2007, 09:54 PM
well i decided to get the fishcat 4 i went to sport chalet to look at them one more time today before i went to buy the used one Sunday. well i found out they were on sale :shock: $119.00

i had a 20% off coupon they gave me back in Aug that i was saving to get a drop shot rod for my stradic. well i whipped out my phone did the math and said what the hell. i ended up getting out the door for $103.50 out the door. :D

so now another question what type of waders should i get and what fins?
they have Hodge's neoprene overalls on sale i think for like 60 some bucks, are those any good?

thanks for all the help and info on what to buy :wink:

Ghost
09-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Fins: Hotspot fins, you can find them at Turner's Outdoors.

They also sell waders, but I bought a pair of BPS White River waders when they were on sale. I got the stocking foot, so the fins go on easier.

Congrats on the FC4, you'll enjoy it! I just hated the leg cramps after a while in the water.

Socal Bassman
09-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Congrats on the new FC4. I'm sure you're gonna love it. The 3.5mm neoprene waders are good for staying a little warmer in the cold. Although, they're not as comfortable as breathables. For fins, I think that's a matter of preference. I'm using a pair of dive fins which moves me pretty good.

fishrookie
09-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Glad you didnt but that used one!

thanks for the info about sports chalet. when you told me they were going for 130 i didn't think they were on sale.
my brother is gonna go get one now tomorrow after we get off work.

is there a cheaper spot to get hotspot fins other then turners?

fishrookie
09-29-2007, 10:16 PM
where did you get them?

fishrookie
10-02-2007, 11:13 PM
OK, i found the outcast fins at BPS Mon, they also had another brand there they were light blue and black. what do you guys think of the force fins ?
i was looking at the neoprene waders there, and man they look tight. do you guys where them over something, like pants, sweats or long johns?
the reason i ask is cause i want to try them on but i want to make sure i get the right size.

Socal Bassman
10-03-2007, 12:25 AM
With the colder months coming, I'll be wearing a pair of Under Armour thermals and jeans under the waders. I'll keep another layer handy in case the water is too chilly.

I've heard a lot about the Force Fins when they first came out. They're just too pricey, though.

Ghost
10-03-2007, 01:29 AM
Socal Bassman, wear sweats instead of jeans under your waders. The Under Armor is great for another layer of warmth under the waders.

I have thought of the same thing, but was adviced by BPS salesperson that jeans would be too restricting w/ your movement. Sweat pants are looser fit & easier to get over waders.

Also get some ankle cuffs for your sweats. This keeps the sweat pants wanting to ride up your leg when you are putting on your waders.

Socal Bassman
10-03-2007, 03:20 AM
Thanks for the tips, Ghost. I forgot about ankle cuffs. Sure would be a whole lot cheaper than those fleece wader pants they have at BPS.

Fisher-of-Men
10-03-2007, 05:20 AM
Glad you didnt but that used one!

Indeed....................a little patients paid off. Now you have your own brand new float tube.

Congrats! :appl:

Fisher-of-Men

BBL2Baja
10-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Socal Bassman, wear sweats instead of jeans under your waders. The Under Armor is great for another layer of warmth under the waders.

Second that!
I've already started in on the cooler water temps and tried jeans once. I'll never do it again. Now it's thermals and then sweats. For the upper body I'm layering, the top layer being a hoodie. Can't stress enough the value of that hood, it makes it so much more comfortable in a light (but cold) breeze.

Later,
Scott

fishrookie
10-03-2007, 08:07 PM
so i take it you guys just use the breathable waders instead of the neoprene?

thanks for the congrats on my new tube, i cant wait to get it out. I'm trying to get my brother to get one so we can go together.
the sale goes till end of OCT

Lt25
10-19-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm thinking about buying one too! I was looking for it on ebay but its 149.00
which sport chalet did you go to? I am in long beach,ca

fishrookie
10-19-2007, 03:02 PM
i think all of them have the deal. at least the three that we have here in Riverside do. my brother bought one Sat at the one in eastvale, i bought mine in Riverside. now we just need the rest of the goodies to go with it.

IncredibleHuck
10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Go with breathables, over the neoprenes. I fish a lot of colder water lake like mammoth and bishop and i've fished them with ice still over half the lake, and the breathables were fine. I just wore some fleece pants and I had no problem. Then in the summertime the breathables won't make you sweat your *** off with the warmer weather.

As far as fins go, both the hotspots and force fins are great fins. I helped fat albert when he was first desining the hotspots and they are a great float tube fin. They really help you move effortlessly in the water, but so do the force fins. The only thing I like about my force fins more is that they fit around my boots better when I have my boots on, other wise the other hotspots are great, and by buying those you're also supporting a local bussiness.

Big_Mike
10-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Go breathable all the way i bought mine but i still have not even used them and for fins i got there force fins i have not got one leg cramp yet knocking on wood i get them in my sleep all the time but never when i fish i would say get some nice booty's so the back of your heels don't get mest up.they cost a pretty penny but no leg cramps are so worth it all though i kinda went all out and got the best i could get so i did not have to buy it latter.