PDA

View Full Version : 3/29/14 Report

Team Santana
03-31-2014, 09:25 AM
Took my brother and my friend out Saturday on a rental boat, we threw the big baits early and only had followers on the line thru. Brother got himself a nice striper around 10am that weighed 23.6 lbs on an A-Rig, after that we trolled for the better part of the day with A-Rigs, and throwing big baits off the bow or trolling them behind the A rig only for the occasional swirls :Evil: (frustrating) but we ended up picking up a Largemouth in the 6-7 lb range, fat healthy lookin most likely in prespawn stage, and picked up 2 more striper in the later part of the afternoon, the others went 8 and 10 lbs.

All in all a good day of puttin a boat around and trying to find fish without any electronics.

Skinny
03-31-2014, 02:02 PM
Pretty darn good work from a rental. Noce catches and thanks for not throwin those jailbirds back! How'd they taste?

GdHkSet1
03-31-2014, 09:11 PM
Nice job on the stripers, thanks for the report.

Team Santana
04-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Thanks Skinny... Still trying to beat that lake record, so I'll take quality over quantity anyday, but I gave the fish to a co-worker who makes tacos and ceviche, and I'm expecting a plate this afternoon since I haven't experimented with cooking them myself

Team Santana
04-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Thanks GsHkSet1... Noticed this thread usually gets off on politics, so I thought I'd throw a report up for a change lol

fishinone
04-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Wow! Nice catch!

That's a nice grade of fish there.

GdHkSet1
04-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Thanks GsHkSet1... Noticed this thread usually gets off on politics, so I thought I'd throw a report up for a change lol
Yea some DD's are being plucked here and there. That lake is awesome, wish I can fish it more often.

Indo-angler
04-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the report! Good going out there with the fat striper!

EL JEFE
04-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the report Santana! That big striper looks nice! Heck, all of them are nice catches; especially with no electronics. Get yourself a boat and get that record!

paulduenas
04-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Awesome!
What speed do you normally troll for stripers?

Team Santana
04-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Thanks Man, wish it was that easy for me to get a boat, I wish they allowed open kayaks, that would be more realistic for me, but they only allow the ones that cover your legs, which suck for fishing

Team Santana
04-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Awesome!
What speed do you normally troll for stripers?

I vary it, but I usually try and go as slow as possible, just put the boat in gear, and sometimes I mix in some pauses when I come across a point and let my gear flutter down a little bit

Riverdale
04-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Thanks Man, wish it was that easy for me to get a boat, I wish they allowed open kayaks, that would be more realistic for me, but they only allow the ones that cover your legs, which suck for fishing Wow did not know that about the Yaks! They Prolly got some stupid reason, that I would love to hear!