PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Harbor report

CaCondor
03-30-2014, 05:56 PM
First, thanks to DockRat, GhettoBasster & Ifishtoolittle for their responses to my my question about current fishing regs for LB Harbor. After a 54 mile commute my friend and I
launched at Davies' Launch at sunrise. We found no takers at Chaffee Island. On the way to White Island we found a few willing small mackeral more interested in my friend's
plastic than my clouser. No action off Cherry Ave except for being told to move 200' beyond the buoyline. Went out to the inside of the breakwater for just one 12" calico that liked my clouser.
Two game wardens stopped by to check our licenses. I was reminded to sign mine otherwise they were having a slow day. Most of their current action comes from folks with short bass.
Nothing around the bait barge. Heading back to Davies we cast to a few rock walls for nothing. Beautiful day, the fishing was great, the catching not so much!
CaCondor

Ryan_J
03-31-2014, 07:15 AM
I too fished the Long Beach area over the weekend. Conditions seemed right, but the fishing was slooooow! My cousin and I were only able to scratch out a few short calico bass and a perch. Next weekend!!

TUNAVIC
03-31-2014, 09:19 AM
Keep hitting it and you'll get em,as you said,I'm sure it was great just getting out and enjoying the day,thanks for the report.

Cya Tuna Vic

Ifishtoolittle
03-31-2014, 03:33 PM
It still sounds like you had a fun day. Nice job.

SP Dan
03-31-2014, 05:05 PM
Hi ya CaCondor,

With perseverance, dedication and being patient with Poseidon ..... some fishing days will just always be better than others. That's fishing!
Watch .... the next time you hit that spot ... it'll probably be a wide :EyePop: open bite!

Thanx for the fish report! :Cool:

SP dan <"))><

PTN
03-31-2014, 07:35 PM
You'll get them next time. It's good to hear the wardens are out though. Thanks for sharing.

-Peter

bachiboy
03-31-2014, 08:20 PM
Sounds like you guys did quite a bit of motoring around. Great try out there...the only way to find out if the fish are chewing is to get out there and do it!:Wink: The fish will start cooperating soon...keep it up!

Don

one long cast
04-01-2014, 09:38 PM
While were on the subject of L.B. Harbor, I wonder if one can still fish the pilings under the wharf area, as the tubers were doing and posting their go=pro video of all the action they were getting. Lets say a container ship is not docked in the area could one still fish there ? Or has terrorism stopped that too.