PDA

View Full Version : Need help

lowe
03-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Any suggestion will be appreciated my live well door is bent and need to get re-revitted anyone know where I can get it repaired thxs ..lo

DEVOREFLYER
03-29-2014, 07:07 PM
I have a hand rivet gun, are you talking about the hinge to the door, got a picture?

cutbait
03-29-2014, 08:15 PM
What is the door made of?

You need a rivet gun anyway. If you have rivets popped now and own a boat? Isn't it logic you will have popped rivets in the future?

I bought a 20 dollar rivet gun at home depot. Nice tool to have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aoXmzdSf_I

lowe
03-29-2014, 10:12 PM
Yes the henge to the door I can post pix later the henge is bent and two rivets out of five are broke I think I may have to remove the whole door and henge to straited it out the rivet to top of live well not rivet to the door. Thanks Cutbait for the pix demo ..lo

See Chris Fish
03-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Best bet is to remove the door/hinge, straighten it, then reinstall with fresh rivets.
Your in and out of the livewell alot so fix it right.
If the hinge is bent, even if you get a rivet to fasten, it might break due to the pressure of the deformity of the hinge.

cutbait
03-31-2014, 04:52 AM
Snap fix!.

You'll need a 1/4 inch drill bit. ( in assuming your rivets are 1/4 , you'll have to find out the size)

Anyway take your drill bit and drill the head off those rivets. Once the head is drilled through the rest of the rivet pushes out of the hole.

Determine the right size and ream, or clean out the holes with the right size bit.

Your hinge is aluminum and will straighten easily. Open the hinge and take a rubber mallet or chunk of 2x4 and lay it on a flat surface like a vise and tap it back to straight. As you do this make sure the hingne opens and closes freely.

Then with your pop rivet gun, pop it back in!...5 min job

lowe
03-31-2014, 01:07 PM
Snap fix!.

You'll need a 1/4 inch drill bit. ( in assuming your rivets are 1/4 , you'll have to find out the size)

Anyway take your drill bit and drill the head off those rivets. Once the head is drilled through the rest of the rivet pushes out of the hole.

Determine the right size and ream, or clean out the holes with the right size bit.

Your hinge is aluminum and will straighten easily. Open the hinge and take a rubber mallet or chunk of 2x4 and lay it on a flat surface like a vise and tap it back to straight. As you do this make sure the hingne opens and closes freely.

Then with your pop rivet gun, pop it back in!...5 min job

Sound like a plan thanks guys for the help ..lo