PDA

View Full Version : 3/29 Took home meat

P.A.W.
03-29-2014, 06:39 PM
Water level is finally up a smidge. Temp was 64+- and fairly clear. Trolled a little for stripers up the north shore then stopped off at the inlet. Water is running kinda medium. Threw my go-to jerk bait for a good 1/2 hour for nada. About to leave and thought I'd grab my pole with the Producer on it. Heaved it pretty far back and BAM! ended up with a 7 pounder. By this time the sun was coming up and stripey was going away. Trolled for a while and did meter some bait at 50 feet but couldn't be bothered to break out the downrigger. Hit the weeds for some large mouth. They are moving in, chasing and patrolling. Not wide open but fish can be had.

Took home some nice fat fillets to marinate and grill. Man they were good.

Stalker Of Fish
03-30-2014, 12:23 AM
NICE JOB PAW! I will be out there today so if you are on the water listen for the Briggs . Keep those good reports coming !

TroutOnly
03-30-2014, 09:50 AM
way to get them pat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,

P.A.W.
03-30-2014, 11:05 AM
Hey thanks Bob! BTW nice Sierra pics. Gotta love eating those Alpers.

TroutOnly
03-30-2014, 11:46 AM
PAT I LANDED SOME PIGS AFTER SOME LONG FIGHTS ,BUT I LOST A COUPLE THAT SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME THEY RAN MY OLD *** UP AND DOWN THE BANK FIGHT FLOATING DEBREE AND DODGING LOGS EXTENDING INTO THE WATER,,,,,,,,,THE KIND OF STUFF THAT GETS YOURE HEART PUMPING BUT ALSO KILLS YOU WHEN THE LINE SNAPS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

sweetfish
03-31-2014, 07:47 AM
So that was your fish in the trashcan at the cleaning station? I saw you trolling the south shoreline a little before 10ish. Congrats on the fish.

P.A.W.
03-31-2014, 04:57 PM
Ha! Yah it was probably mine cuz I didn't see anyone else on the stripers. Was back today Monday and it was slow. Shannon told me there was a lake record Bluegill caught Sunday. 3.6 pounds (I think)!