PDA

View Full Version : Float Tube/Kayak Tournament

Prowler_Tuber
03-23-2014, 04:07 PM
Well Saturday was a lot of fun for me, the water temp was 63 - 64.5 all day and no winds, the Trout were just shut off it seemed, I know the water temp doesn't help much either. I got 4 bass quick on the TK minnow on a lead head so I had a bag of bass tackle and ended up using my trout rod on 2 pound test to get them, I had well over 20 bass all C&R'd it was a blast. They also took the flick shake worm and craw as well. I love when its like this, I would bring one in recast and boom another. The bass were all in 12' to 16' of water. The hot color was Oxblood and Blue Fleck. The Pearl and Orange Trout King minnows were what got me the crappie they were all mid-lake holding in 8-22' of water. I also got them on Yellow/Smoke (Yellow Jacket) Trout King Minnow and in Grasshopper. I left the lake at 5pm for the first time in years I just did not want to leave a hot bite. Hope everyone has a great week, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrSjdEj9M0

Rooster
03-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Diego putting on a clinic with the Bass King Lures :Thumbs Up:

You catch more Bass on the tube then those Noobs with the $40,000 bass boats I see out there :Big Grin:

Great job and video my brotha. Props

VineVideos
03-23-2014, 05:15 PM
I watched it on FB as well. Great job, Chief! Wow !!

Fishingkid97
03-23-2014, 08:58 PM
What won the tournament ?

Mr. UltraLight
03-26-2014, 08:55 AM
Well Saturday was a lot of fun for me, the water temp was 63 - 64.5 all day and no winds, the Trout were just shut off it seemed, I know the water temp doesn't help much either.

I went on Monday Mar. 24th and a couple weeks ago. Fished the west shore on a float tube, trying a variety of patterns. Besides two small trout, the action seems to have died off. On Monday there were probably about 8-10 float tubers all on the west shore and nobody had more than one fish. The shoreline fisherman didn't seem to be having any more luck - one or two fish with a lot of skunks in between. For what its worth, my two trout were both caught at roughly the same time using a split shot mice tail setup, slow drifting/kicking. Both were 1 pounders.