PDA

View Full Version : fall surf perch

City Dad
09-28-2007, 02:44 PM
I understand that it won't be long before sandcrabs are gone for the winter. I have also heard that perch fishing will get "better" as fall settles in.

So, what's the deal? Does "better" perch fishing mean more or larger fish moving in to spawn or what? Since the crabs are dissappearing am I correct in assuming that perch, croaker and the odd corbina will be targeting baitfish?

as always, your insight is greatly appreciated

sansou
09-28-2007, 02:57 PM
They become gravid during this season. That's all.

Fisherman57
09-28-2007, 03:18 PM
With the cooler weather and the fall season almost upon us.....the bigger variety BSP's will move in to spawn and will be arriving soon CD.....

Watch water temps as well as your tide charts and start working your favorites spots accordingly....

As usual, find em' with some Gulp Camo or a MORF perch grub......

Remember that they birth LIVE ......... so keep the big girls in the water if you can as they will be full of little BSP's and when stressed they like to "drop the kids off at the beach"....... :lol:

I'm sure I'll see ya out there!

Fisher-of-Men
09-28-2007, 05:15 PM
With the cooler weather and the fall season almost upon us.....the bigger variety BSP's will move in to spawn and will be arriving soon CD.....

Watch water temps as well as your tide charts and start working your favorites spots accordingly....

As usual, find em' with some Gulp Camo or a MORF perch grub......

Remember that they birth LIVE ......... so keep the big girls in the water if you can as they will be full of little BSP's and when stressed they like to "drop the kids off at the beach"....... :lol:

I'm sure I'll see ya out there!

Little BSP's............... :rofl:

Fisher-of-Men

legacy1
10-01-2007, 08:06 PM
gravid - adj.

1. pregnant
2&#46; distended or full of eggs <a gravid fish>

I learned a new word today, thanks&#46;&#46;&#46;