PDA

View Full Version : Catfish season ?

esteban1t
03-19-2014, 09:27 PM
When do the catfish start getting stocked ?

ato316
03-20-2014, 07:01 AM
I think they start in early May

5150fishn
03-20-2014, 11:31 AM
I believe last year it was the end of the first week in May. I wouldn't worry to much about waiting for the stocking if it is kitties you desire. The Vine is chocked full of kitties right now. Just look at some of the cats that have been caught recently by Rooster, Trolly, Pontoon, Troutdog and others.

esteban1t
03-20-2014, 11:43 AM
I believe last year it was the end of the first week in May. I wouldn't worry to much about waiting for the stocking if it is kitties you desire. The Vine is chocked full of kitties right now. Just look at some of the cats that have been caught recently by Rooster, Trolly, Pontoon, Troutdog and others.

might have to head out on sunday then . know how the trout fishing is doing ? might rent a boat
haven't had too much time to get out due to school

5150fishn
03-20-2014, 06:59 PM
might have to head out on sunday then . know how the trout fishing is doing ? might rent a boat
haven't had too much time to get out due to school

The troll bite was the best we had all season last weekend! Lots of hard pulling Yosemite reds biting also. The bite for us was on flatline all day. Lure color didn't seem to matter much! GL

TaperSteve
03-20-2014, 07:30 PM
Actually it's almost always the first week of June I know cause it's usually the same weekend as my Wife's BDay and I have to work my magic to be able to fish the opener every year.

TS

VineVideos
03-21-2014, 06:02 AM
When do the catfish start getting stocked ?

http://www.irvinelake.net/general_information/videos/stocking-videos/may-9-catfish-stocking

Hey Steve.... I honestly do not know if it will be May or June. I have not been advised of that yet. Of course we will produce a stocking video of that event.
However, like some in Team 57 have said, look at how good the catfishing is right now at the Vine. This is due in large part to the two big stockings of huge
cats we put in last spring (see link). All stocking videos are on our website.

There are big numbers of those fish stocked last year still in the lake as well as the enormous amount of holdovers that have accumulated over the
decades.

Go out there and get 'em and please let us know how you do. I remember meeting you one night at the filet boards. Keep up the good work
and look forward to seeing you again.

Tight Lines !!

DJ

5150fishn
03-21-2014, 09:03 AM
May 9 Stocking Video - 10,000 Pounds of Huge CATFISH !! Started by VineVideos, 05-09-2013 10:35 PM

Obviously each year is different but this was last season. I looked it up in the archives.