PDA

View Full Version : San Miguel island 3-16

paDDy
03-17-2014, 01:32 PM
With a killer weather forecast I decided it was time to make my first time run to San Miguel island. Launched at busy Santa Barbra harbor at 7 am with my Dad, and two brothers. First time having us all together on board in maybe 10 years. At the ramp I think I was the only guy who didn't have a Radon, lol. Killer weather and light fog we made the run in 2 hours to the island. Metered around till I found something that looked fishy. Lots and lots of short lings with a few better ones landed. Nice grade of rock fish all on jigs in 70'-200' of water. Swells were big in the 9'-12' range but spread apart. Definitely a little different then the rock fishing I usually do. Wish we would have made some sand dabs for bait as it was hard having a limit of red's and dropping big jigs and having 4-6 pounds reds eating it and letting them go. So we left. Limits of reds and 6 lings. Not many pic's as my phone died but pulled the fish and snapped one while doing a quick count.

farmacist
03-18-2014, 10:37 AM
Fish killing familia! Nice report & way to slay. I heard Big Red took jackpot!?!?!? Say it ain't so.

TUNAVIC
03-18-2014, 03:51 PM
Good stuff there guys,WTG!

Cya Tuna Vic

bones
03-31-2014, 05:15 PM
REALLY...I MEAN ....REALLY....LOL

I was just lost on the FNN for a moment and I ran into an ACTUAL report by the man who invented the saying...

KILL KILL KILL ...SLAY SLAY SLAY!!!

Great job out there Pat and I'm really glad to see that the family is still glued together by time on the salt.
Doesn't get better than that my friend!

I also saw your slayage of Mr flattie on your tube bro.... You haven't missed a step!

Pssst...Give me jingle some time.... Mr Ghostie is starting to show up in the surf too!