PDA

View Full Version : Thurs recon it busts wfo then theres some wood

TroutOnly
03-16-2014, 09:40 AM
took thurs to hit the Castaic and see what was happening ,trolled the whole ski arm only to find the huge schools circling the bubble hole , I didn't feel like dealing with the lifegaurds or sheriffs so I moved to the fish arm. I had trolled the first big stretch first thing before crossing back to c-point in the morning ,so I restarted at trout point and did the lap . I hit 3 3lbrs in one area but kept moving seeing were everything was sitting at.then I stopped at bassfan's numbers he's been working for a while to find a couple mountain gorillas buttraping his spot,,,lol,,we talked for a while and I told the boys I was heading back to use the d/r's and some of cory's tricks , and man was it crazy I found the magic depth and lures then went on for a 4hr wideopen bite all the way to the end of the day, I kept 3 nice ones for fish taco's and tossed a couple easy dozen to be killed at another time . the only bad stuff was get to the ramp and finding a huge mess with the debree ,I choked my engine and got covered in the wood and burnt crap ,it was so bad boats were stuck all around the ramp and I had to pulled out ,and comes to find out sat morning when I was trying to do a guide at pyramid my engine wasn't pissing so well so I had to cancel the trip and head home to fix the boat , I broke it down and got the parts ordered at Richards boats in Lancaster there supposed to arrive noon at his shop so I can put them in and get the little red boat running again for my trips next weekend ,if you go to Castaic watch out for all the debree fields around the lake,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/308d5ee3-12c4-4b84-87cb-98dae9678192_zps3bb85f10.jpg (http://s403.photobucket.com/user/troutonly/media/308d5ee3-12c4-4b84-87cb-98dae9678192_zps3bb85f10.jpg.html)
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/03142014_0038_zps7d6e0689.jpg (http://s403.photobucket.com/user/troutonly/media/03142014_0038_zps7d6e0689.jpg.html)

cutbait
03-16-2014, 09:55 AM
Fatties.......nice

trail blazer
03-16-2014, 01:11 PM
fat stripers=exlnt tacos,,,,,,,,,,WTG BOB

TRAIL BLAZER

Double A
03-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Way whack em BOZ
Sucks about the wood n crap
I saw that the main ramp was closed today.

Bassfan
03-16-2014, 05:15 PM
I stopped at bassfan's numbers he's been working for a while to find a couple mountain gorillas buttraping his spot,,,lol

Thanks for watching out for my spot... you have to keep an eye on those gorillas! I went Saturday and tried to fish around that debris and ended up the same problem in my engine - no pee.
Took the boat to Lakeside after fishing and the estimate is $300 to clean out the muck. Gideon said I was not the only one to come in with that problem lately.
It is probably time to learn more about outboard motors!
Nice job figuring out the fish pattern and whacking them.

catchingsomefish
03-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Looks like a fun day Bob.....Sorry to here about the crap in the water screwing up you engine.... It is good to hear that the stripeys are becoming more aggressive on the troll!.............................Dave

Stumpknocker
03-17-2014, 03:57 AM
Nice catch...good to hear they're hitting on the troll...thanks for the heads-up about the continuing fire debris problem...it's probably gonna take a while to clear up.

fishinone
03-17-2014, 06:58 AM
Nice seeing you out there Bob.

Jim's spot has been producing nicely but Jim has actually acknowledged that it and all of the other shoots in Castaic are mine. LOL

Capt'n hasn't reported so we kept 17 to 5lb.and threw many to 2lb back.

TroutOnly
03-17-2014, 04:53 PM
i'm sorry ron ,its supposed to be a silverback lowland gorilla,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

fishinone
03-17-2014, 05:20 PM
i'm sorry ron ,its supposed to be a silverback lowland gorilla,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Apology accepted.

Just don't let it happen again!