PDA

View Full Version : First timer @ BBL...any tips?

hamdenst
03-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Hey guys, looking for some tips at BBL. Heading up later this month with a few first-time fishermen and hoping to get a few bites, looking for insight as to some spots and baits in which you may have had luck in the past. Thanks guys!

flytyingreloader
03-16-2014, 08:36 PM
I like the west/dam end of the lake for trout. I launch from the west ramp, and troll Needlefish in a couple patterns--Kastmasters--Thomas Bouyants in couple patterns--or flashers with nightcrawler. I run 75 yards offshore on both side of the lake, from the dam's bouy line for about 1 mile along either side. Lake opens for boats on 4/1, dunno if rental boats are available prior to that time.

JAG107
03-19-2014, 07:27 PM
This time of year can also be good in front of the observatory trolling needlefish and other spoons. I've never been skunked there, you just gotta keep switching up the presentation if they're not biting, both the west end and observatory areas can be good. In the heat of summer the west end is definitely the place to hook up some trout. Good luck and report back on how you do!

hamdenst
03-20-2014, 05:55 PM
thanks for the tips guys!

esteban1t
03-20-2014, 06:06 PM
I have had luck , on north shore, towards the dam and throwing out PB on a C rig.
Kastmasters, rooster tails, and panther martins are also very good at big bear in my past experiences .

The Birdman
03-20-2014, 10:45 PM
Heading to BBL for the weekend of the 21st thru the 23rd, will report back on results! Wish us luck!!:Big Grin: