PDA

View Full Version : update on the San Diego bay shore fishing with plastics 3/14/14

benichi
03-14-2014, 07:22 PM
this is an add-on for 3/12/14 epic day report

3/14/2014

hit San Diego around 4:30am took a buddy with me after all the stories I was telling him.. we were fishing before 5am on his 2nd cast he got slammed and caught a 14 spotty and we thought it was going to be like Wed.. after the first fish we went about 40 mins with out catching one we were getting bites just couldn't get the hook in them. but once the sky started to light up man the chew was on again we did great not like wed but we ended the day with 37 spotties 23 of them I caught. also just to have a little add on (pun intended) I caught what i think is the smallest spotty on this planet we actually pulled out the tape he went 3 3/8 inches. we did get in to some good size ones. OK back to the fish count for the total 37 spotties, 1 mack, 1 small halibut, tons of lizard fish, and wait for it 1 beast of a sculpin coming in at 14 1/4 inches,

my catch was 23 spotties 1 small hali, lizards lots of them, and the mack. my buddy caught the rest

water quality is going down. wed was clear today was tinted green. but we still did ok.. everything was taken on plastics. and released..

I have a pic of the hali on I will edit on here when I get it on the computer... not an Epic Wed but all in all a great day on the water again

basshole1
03-14-2014, 08:23 PM
Been reading your posts. You're killin' it man!! I would love to have a session like that. Keep up the good work!!

bachiboy
03-15-2014, 12:57 AM
Way to slay em again man! Great to hear that you were able to make another on those spots. Hope it keeps goin'!

Don

SP Dan
03-15-2014, 09:21 PM
Hi ya benichi,

You've definitely become a "Master Lip Piercer" in the So. Bay this day Sir! :Wink:
What a great session! Incredible :BFish: numbers!
You've put in the time and now you've earned some good ol' bragging-rights! :Thumbs Up:

Thanx for sharing your amazing tail with all of us! WTG! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

benichi
03-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Hi ya benichi,

You've definitely become a "Master Lip Piercer" in the So. Bay this day Sir! :Wink:
What a great session! Incredible :BFish: numbers!
You've put in the time and now you've earned some good ol' bragging-rights! :Thumbs Up:

Thanx for sharing your amazing tail with all of us! WTG! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

thanks man been having lots of fun.. looking forward to getting out in the surf on Wednesday hopping to get a good sized fish out of this Grunion run lol we can all hope right!!! this will be my first run I have never see it before. going to throw some LC's and swimbaits..

thanks everyone and if any of you guys want to go out fishing some time hit me up.. mostly do shore fishing Dont have a boat lol..

dlmoo312
03-17-2014, 12:17 AM
Epic day on the plastics! Nice variety too!
A 3 3/8 inch spottie is pretty impressive in its own right :LOL:
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel