PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 3/13

Kojak5150
03-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Decided to take the boat out to Lake Skinner this morning after dropping the kids off at school. Took the Misses with me. She does not fish much, but likes to watch and relax. We were on the water about 9am and headed over to the north east part of the lake. I could not believe how low the water level is, but I do see them filling it at the inlet.

So about 10am we are making the loop along the reeds when I land the LMB in about 4 feet of water against the reeds. I caught him on a 5" Senko Green Watermelon. Catch and release of course. After that we finished the loop around the reeds without any thing else and then headed out to give my wife a tour of the lake. We packed it up and were off the lake around 1130.

There were probably 15 boats on the water today. We didn't see any other boats reeling in fish.

allIdoIsfish
03-13-2014, 09:37 PM
Decided to take the boat out to Lake Skinner this morning after dropping the kids off at school. Took the Misses with me. She does not fish much, but likes to watch and relax. We were on the water about 9am and headed over to the north east part of the lake. I could not believe how low the water level is, but I do see them filling it at the inlet.

So about 10am we are making the loop along the reeds when I land the LMB in about 4 feet of water against the reeds. I caught him on a 5" Senko Green Watermelon. Catch and release of course. After that we finished the loop around the reeds without any thing else and then headed out to give my wife a tour of the lake. We packed it up and were off the lake around 1130.

There were probably 15 boats on the water today. We didn't see any other boats reeling in fish.

Does the lake still open at 6?

NFCD I
03-13-2014, 10:02 PM
Does the lake still open at 6?

Thanks for the report Kojack.

Skinner doesn't change the opening time any time of the year. It's always 6:00AM.