PDA

View Full Version : Freedom 1.5 day 9-25-07

DjRich
09-28-2007, 04:19 AM
After reading LA smoker's post, I'm pretty sure he was on this trip, so I'll keep it short.

Jumped on the Freedom for a 1.5 day after waiting for 2 weeks for the weather to come down.

The morning bite by far was the best of the day. The first two fish I landed was on 25 pound. With fish still boiling around the boat, I bumped up to heavier gear with 40 pound and landed another two more albies. It seemed like the fish still wanted to die so I bumped up to 65 pound JB spectra with a 3 foot leader of 50 pound flouro and landed another pair. I ended up with 6 albies and 3 pulled hooks in the morning.

In the afternoon, there was a lull in the action. We spent a lot of time chasing large spots of boiling fish which not always produced. Someone would hook up here and there, but nothing like the first couple stops in the morning. I ended up scratching 2 more fish in the afternoon with another pulled hook.

Great weather, lots of life, and biting fish. Not one troll fish was caught. I ended up with 8 albies and 4 pulled hooks. Beats driving to san diego to catch these things.
Later
Rich

My first fish for the morning...
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o212/DjTropik/09-25-07_0921.jpg

Kill box...
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o212/DjTropik/09-25-07_1205.jpg

2nd to last fish for me...
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o212/DjTropik/09-25-07_1611.jpg

Unloading...
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o212/DjTropik/09-25-07_1909.jpg

DavidE
09-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Damn good job for a 1.5 day trip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one_leg
09-28-2007, 09:38 AM
That's the way to do it!

Congratulations.

One_Leg

kanco
09-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Great catch.

do you know how far out you guys were fishing? Near any of our local island (St Barb or Nicholas)

thanks

LA Smoker
09-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Great catch.

do you know how far out you guys were fishing? Near any of our local island (St Barb or Nicholas)

thanks

Not exactly sure how far, but we were past tanner and cortez banks. But there were a couple Party Boats and a few PBers.

Dude, DJ Rich sorry I didnt even get to talk to you. Im a rude *ss sometimes. :oops: My bad.

You know whats funny? everyone was getting bitten on heavier line. Except I didnt even get a nibble on my 30 lb and 40 lb setup. Next time I guess I'll wear T57 attire.

Oz
09-28-2007, 06:45 PM
wtg on ya 8 albies 8) glad to hear u had a great time on the freedom. cant go wrong on that boat..crew is awsome and tommy as CAPT 8)

ghetto dad
09-28-2007, 07:18 PM
great report man, great job......

JapanRon
09-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi Djrich,

Nice job on the longfins! Dang another 'magic moment' lsot with two FNNers who might have realized they are on the same boat.

I can see it now .... blood covered, beer in hand, simultaneously spying each others fish and '57' colors and ....... suddenly ..... a fully orchestrated 'some enchanted evening' (heavy on the violins) breaks out upon recognition !

Ah yes ...... it would be fishin' buddies at first sight! :roll:

Great report. It's even cooler when two guys have a similar yet just a little different experience on the same trip!

JapanRon

LA Smoker
09-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi Djrich,

Nice job on the longfins! Dang another 'magic moment' lsot with two FNNers who might have realized they are on the same boat.

I can see it now .... blood covered, beer in hand, simultaneously spying each others fish and '57' colors and ....... suddenly ..... a fully orchestrated 'some enchanted evening' (heavy on the violins) breaks out upon recognition !

Ah yes ...... it would be fishin' buddies at first sight! :roll:

Great report. It's even cooler when two guys have a similar yet just a little different experience on the same trip!

JapanRon

Some enchanted evening
You may see a stranger,
you may see a stranger
Across a crowded... boat :lol:

We were in the Pacific Ocean... and headed South.... kinda.

Daus
09-28-2007, 11:51 PM
great job to both of you love-birds on slaying some quality albies.

paDDy
09-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Nice going Rich, I hope Fat Joe does as good as you did.

troutdog
09-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Nice grade of fish, congratulations. I can't say enough about what a great job they do on the Freedom. Sushi time!

TD