PDA

View Full Version : 500 pound boar

reservoir dog
03-13-2014, 09:09 AM
I'm no hunter but damn that's a lot of carnitas!

http://news.yahoo.com/giant-hog-boar-hunter-caught-500-pounds-133815315.html

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p680/cre8tivefishFNN/500lb_zpsed23aec9.jpg

DEVOREFLYER
03-13-2014, 09:27 AM
You are right about that being a lot of Carnitas. lol
My oldest son lives in East Texas on 20 acres and the wild/feral hogs do a number of his and his neighbors property. It is amazing the damage that they can do overnight to a garden or crop. When I was there visiting last summer I was planning a night hunt with an AR10 300 Blackout with a suppresser and night vision scope (all legal in Texas). Frenchy aka etucker would use his .22 cal and put five quick shots to the heart. lol No hunting license needed and no limit as they are considered pests as are Coyotes in Texas. Shortly after setting up we had a monster thunderstorm roll in and a Tornado alert and had to bail. Hoping to go back sometime this summer and try again. The best eating are the females or young piglets, grind them big old Boars up into spicy sausage (a lot of sausage).

HawgZWylde
03-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Wait a minute, I thought those scary looking black rifles were only for the military and law enforcement to use. I thought they were only good for assaults and not to be used for hunting or personal protection...:o)

That is a hell of a lot of sausage AND carnitas.

etucker1959
03-13-2014, 10:28 AM
You are right about that being a lot of Carnitas. lol
My oldest son lives in East Texas on 20 acres and the wild/feral hogs do a number of his and his neighbors property. It is amazing the damage that they can do overnight to a garden or crop. When I was there visiting last summer I was planning a night hunt with an AR10 300 Blackout with a suppresser and night vision scope (all legal in Texas). Frenchy aka etucker would use his .22 cal and put five quick shots to the heart. lol No hunting license needed and no limit as they are considered pests as are Coyotes in Texas. Shortly after setting up we had a monster thunderstorm roll in and a Tornado alert and had to bail. Hoping to go back sometime this summer and try again. The best eating are the females or young piglets, grind them big old Boars up into spicy sausage (a lot of sausage).

Dev Dev Dev, what's the biggest difference between killing a wild Boar and a Cat. Wild Boar literally are armored plated and a cat is soooooo thin skin, yes you can kill them with a .22. But for a wild Boar you need a big gun and good shot placement. Yes, I have killed a bunch of them all with a big gun!!!!!!!

drifter023
03-13-2014, 08:53 PM
Can you spell Canned hunt, come on in a hunting club been running around for years not. Hogzilla 800#s and some one kills it and dumps it in the ground why?
Wild one's do not have all that fat on them sorry do not buy this and why do they not enter them in the record books. Just my 2 cents on these canned hunters...

Pete Marino
04-10-2014, 02:45 PM
wild boar bacon is waaayyyyyy better then domestic pig bacon... That's a fact!! I love me some wild pig..

Pete