PDA

View Full Version : closure

jowo
03-11-2014, 01:33 PM
If anyone hears that the main ramp has been reopened, please post! I had been planning to take my parents and bro out on the dam this Friday. Praying it opens back up by then.

Stumpknocker
03-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Others might have better info, but I was there Monday and while they wouldn't let boats launch on the main ramp (west ramp only) there were plenty of cars without boats lined up to go in at the main ramp to shore fish...

koifish
03-11-2014, 04:25 PM
I stoped there this morning before going to work. main ramp still closed to everyone shore or boats. west ramp lauching cover with long and wide thick muck layer. there are some spots at the west ramp but i dont think you like to hike to that area. take you parents to the picnic table area walk down and fish there.

jowo
03-11-2014, 05:02 PM
When I got there around noon, the gate at the top of the driveway was locked, so i just turned around and left. too bad! Maybe Friday...

ela
03-11-2014, 08:49 PM
When I got there around noon, the gate at the top of the driveway was locked, so i just turned around and left. too bad! Maybe Friday...

I call matt today at Castaic boat rental he said most likely they will close this week.

fishinone
03-12-2014, 02:30 PM
I was just up at the lake to take a look.

They launched from the main ramp this morning but have since quit launching today due to wind.

The Main Ramp is cleaned up nicely. They tell me that they hauled the stuff away in trucks.

jowo
03-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Awesome, thanks! Looks like Friday should be a go. Don't see much wind outside the window; I thought we were supposed to get strong Santa Ana's today
The stuff was think last week on the dam; I tried to net a fish, dipped, and half the net was full of it!