PDA

View Full Version : SLAYING PLEASANT VALLEY,SOUTH LAKE,CARDINAL RIDGE, AND OWENS

droogie23
09-28-2007, 12:10 AM
OK SO WE DECIDED TO BRAVE THE STORM THIS PAST WEEKEND AND HEAD UP TO THE BISHOP AREA....FIRST OF ALL ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I POSTED ANYTHING ON HERE MY COMPUTER WAS MESSED UP SO I WILL BE POSTING SOME OLD REPORTS....ASAP.WELL WE GET TO BISHOP AROUND 4:45 BECAUSE MY BUDDY NACHO DRIVES LIKE A TURTLE. WE STOP AT CULVERS TO SEE WERE THE ACTION IS. WE HIT UP THE OWENS FOR ABOUT AN HOUR.WE THREW JUST LURES(THOMAS BOUYANTS, KASTMASTERS, AND RAPALAS)
RESULTS
STEVE-1 BROWN
ME-1 STOCKER
NACHO-0
WE HEAD UP TO CARDINAL RIDGE RESORT PAST INTAKE 2 TO FISH TILL IT GETS DARK AND THE STORM WAS COMING IN FAST SO WE JUST THREW SOME POWER WORMS ON A SPLIT SHOT RIG.
RESULTS
STEVE-1 RAINBOW
ME -3 RAINBOWS
NACHO-0
WE HEAD BACK DOWN THE HILL TO SET UP CAMP AT BROWNSTOWN BEFORE THE STORM....JUST IN TIME BECAUSE IT RAINED,HAILED,THUNDER AND LIGHTNING ALL NIGHT.
THE NEXT MORNING WE GET UP AT 5:30 TO HEAD UP TO PLEASANT VALLEY RESIVOIR.WE WERE DEBATING WEATHER TO TUBE IT OR FISH FROM SHORE.WE DECIDED TO TUBE IT AND IT WAS HELL TO CARRY ALL OUR STUFF.BUT BOY WE WERE IN FOR A TREAT.WE WERE THE SECOND ONES THERE AND THERE WAS FISH JUMPING EVERYWHERE AND I MEAN EVERYWHERE.SO WE SET UP GET IN THE WATER.,,... AND BAM!!!!!! 1ST 5 CAST 5 FISH AND IT WAS LIKE THAT PRETTY MUCH ALL DAY WE STAYED TILL 3PM. EVERYONE WAS KILLING IT. WE USED POWERNYMPHS,MICRO TUBES,POWER WORMS ETC.
RESULTS
STEVE-60 RAINBOWS AND 1 BROWN
ME- 119 ALL RAINBOWS
NACHO-OVER A 100 HE LOST COUNT!!

WE COULD NOT BELEIVE HOW WIDE OPEN IT WAS AND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY THERE WAS SO MANY FISH.THE FISH REPORT SAID THAT PLEASANT VALLEY WASNT SCHEDULED FOR ANY STOCKING.ANYWAYS IT WAS EXCELLENT.WE GRAB SOME FOOD AFTER AND HEAD BACK TO CAMP.WE HIT UP CARDINAL AGAIN BUT GOT NO LOVE EXCEPT FOR STEVE. WE CALL IT A DAY.

ON SUNDAY WE DECIDE TO TUBE SOUTH LAKE BEFORE WE HEAD HOME.IT STARTED REALLLLLY SLOW. ME AND STEVE WORK OUR WAY TOWARDS THE ISLAND.NACHO DIDNT WANT TO GO BECAUSE HE HAS AN OLDER STYLE TUBE WHERE HE IS SITIING IN THE WATER.TOO MUCH WORK HE SAID. WE DIDNT GET ANYTHING UNTILL WE GOT OVER THERE. A FEW HERE AND THERE ALL STOCKERS. SO WE DECIDE TO HEAD BEHIND THE ISLAND WHERE THE INLET IS.AND LOOK WHAT WE FIND.. OR SHALL I SAY STEVE...A WHOPPER HE HOOKS UP WITH A 6LB 8OZ ALPERS.WOW!!!!! WE STAY THER AND FISH FOR ABOUT AN HOUR WE CATCH A FEW MORE AND CALL IT A TRIP
RESULTS
STEVE-13
ME-11
NACHO-1

NO FISH WERE HARMED IN THIS SLAYING...ALL WERE CAUGHT AND RELEASE..EXCEPT FOR THE BIG BOY WE TRIED TO RELEASE IT BUT IT WENT BELLY UP.

one_leg
09-28-2007, 12:31 AM
droogie23, what a great trip you guys had. Those are some impressive numbers, to be sure.

Thanks for the report and pics.

One_Leg

Sue
09-28-2007, 12:41 AM
We were on South Lake on Sunday - we saw one guy in a tube with a 6+ pounder - was that your buddy?

Troutman65
09-28-2007, 01:32 AM
Nice report. Congrats to you on your catch of trout.

Thanks for the pics. also.

You got to love catching a 6.8 alper. Sweet !!!

Troutman65

Wingnut
09-28-2007, 10:37 AM
That Rainbow in the 5th picture is so sweet! Nice trip.

Sierra_Smitty
09-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Very nice report...I'm glad to hear PVR is going off, I'll be hitting that lake a lot this winter. Also, killer pic of the 6-8 from the tube. If you email the full size pic to me I'll put it up on the Parchers/South Lake website.

Later,
Smitty
GM Parchers Resort/South Lake Boat Landing
http://www.parchersresort.net
parchersresort@cebridge.net (mailto:parchersresort@cebridge.net)

greeper
09-29-2007, 12:30 AM
not sure I read this right, did you kick all the way from the launch ramp to the islands? That's one hell of along way to kick in a tube...Either way nice catch for sure!!!

droogie23
09-29-2007, 06:38 PM
We were on South Lake on Sunday - we saw one guy in a tube with a 6+ pounder - was that your buddy?

im sure it was we were the only ones on tubes in the morning.

droogie23
09-29-2007, 06:41 PM
not sure I read this right, did you kick all the way from the launch ramp to the islands? That's one hell of along way to kick in a tube...Either way nice catch for sure!!!

yeah we did it and it was hell but worth it because there were lots of fish behind the island past the bouye line. the only draw back was i got altitude sisckness after.

droogie23
09-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Very nice report...I'm glad to hear PVR is going off, I'll be hitting that lake a lot this winter. Also, killer pic of the 6-8 from the tube. If you email the full size pic to me I'll put it up on the Parchers/South Lake website.

Later,
Smitty
GM Parchers Resort/South Lake Boat Landing
http://www.parchersresort.net
parchersresort@cebridge.net (mailto:parchersresort@cebridge.net)

yeah i will send you a pic. the guy at the boat rental took several pics and said they would be on parchers website

Beancounter
09-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Great pictures :thumb:
I really like the one of the "calm after the storm."
That's a beauty of a fish too :beer:

Mike274
09-30-2007, 01:46 AM
Droogie,

Where do you launch the tubes there? have walked up to the damn and a little beyond , but didn't see much and haven't ever fished there.

Mike

Skyler
09-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Awesome trip. I can't wait to hit the sierras again. It's been way too long.

falcor49
09-30-2007, 12:10 PM
nice trout good job

falcor49

droogie23
09-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Droogie,

Where do you launch the tubes there? have walked up to the damn and a little beyond , but didn't see much and haven't ever fished there.

Mike

WE JUST WALK THEM DOWN BY THE BOAT LAUNCH AND WE LAUNCHED FROM THERE.

Mike274
10-01-2007, 06:17 AM
Droogie,

I am sorry that I wasn't clear. Got the South lake part down, My tube launch question was about PVR. Been up by the damn only but looks really rocky.

Thanks and congrats on the catches

Mike

steve092
10-19-2007, 05:46 AM
Nice fish off the tube!

Greg Madrigal
10-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the great post D. I love South Lake. So beautiful up there. Nice trou. I liked the 2.5lber. Nice colors!

GM